Basic information Highly Effective Anti-coccidiosis for Livestock and Poultry Chemical and Physical Properties Toxicological Information Pharmacokinetics Applications Drug Combination Synthesis Method Safety Related Supplier
Decoquinate Chemical Properties
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS VB1983800
- HS Code 29334900
Decoquinate Usage And Synthesis
- Highly Effective Anti-coccidiosis for Livestock and PoultryDecoquinate is a new type highly-efficienct quinolones anti-coccidiosis for livestock and poultry, commonly known as quinoxetine, decanoquinolate, paclitaxel, to quinolate, benzoquinone. The active compound is white or slightly yellow crystalline powder, rarely soluble in chloroform or ether, insoluble in water or ethanol. It has a unique anti-coccidial activity stronger than Maduramicin, nicarbazine + Ethanamidobenzylate, methyl salicin. Studies have shown that decanoquinolines are effective in combating the resistance from coccidium and are clinically used to control the most harmful poultry coccidiosis caused by E.tenella, E.maxima, E.acerVulina, E.necatrix, E.brunetti, E.mivati). it can also effect in the precaution of neosporosis in livestocks of cattle and sheep. It can improve the weight growth rate and milk yield of young goat.
Decoquinate plays a role in the asexual reproduction of coccidia, and after entering the sporozoite cell, it prevents its development by interfering with DNA synthesis. It begins to function in the early stages of life history of coccidia, effectively prevents the coccidia caused by intestinal damage. Addition of decoquinate in the fodder does not affect the digestion of the fodder and the absorption of nutrients.
This product has no incompatibility except that it can not be used in the feed containing bentonite.
Quinoline anticoccidial drugs are easy to be resisted. It is recommended continuous use of up to no more than 4 weeks be applied only in the peak period of coccidia,.
Since the 1970s, decanoquinolines have been widely used in the control of coccidiosis in poultry in many countries, but have not been used in China.
In 2006, the Alpharma (U.S.) first introduced quinoline into China market, which had aroused wide attention. Its first use in China had presented no drug resistance, its use as ideal alternative, killing effect on coccidia, promoting effect on growth, improvement effect on the color, excellent anticoccidial effect and growth performance in the early life; it starts to play a role in the early stages of life history of coccidia with the longest effect duration and a wide anticoccidial spectrum. It has extermination effect on the most harmful 6 avian coccidia with an excellent stability. It can keep stable quality for 4 years at proper temperature and humidity.
At present, Healthy (Hangzhou) Husbandry Sci-tech Co., Ltd, Shandong Sinder Technology Co., Ltd produce and market decoquinate APIs.
- Chemical and Physical PropertiesLight yellow crystalline powder;
Melting point at 86-87 DEG C;
Slightly soluble in chloroform, ether, almost insoluble in water;
- Toxicological InformationDecoquinate is well tolerated with low toxicity and dosage 80 times of the recommended is still safe.
Poultry: addition of 800ppm in fodder (26 times the normal dosage) with continuous feeding for 127 days caused no poisoning;
Pigs: 800ppm continuous feeding for 10 days caused no poisoning.
- PharmacokineticsDecoquinate is fast absorpted. It reaches the effective concentration within 1 hour and its peak level 3 days after.
On the 5th days and 7th days after the administration of unlabeled qecoquinate on the cattle and sheep, a single dose of this product labeled with 14C was intravenously injected into the cattle, sheep and the plasma radiation reaches the peak 1.5 hours after.
Decoquinate is partially metabolized in the rat body, resulting in three kinds of metabolites, but the structure cannot be determined.
Only two of its metabolites are identified in ruminants, and the proportion is lower than that of rats. Its main excretion in ruminants is manure, followed by urine. In sheep, urine excreted 36% of the total dose and 35% is discharged within 24 hours; qecoquinate and its metabolites in urinary is completely discharged in 3 days.
- ApplicationsQuinoline coccidia;
Used as a feed additive (27.2g in 1t feed) to prevent broiler coccidiosis. This product of low toxicity and good tolerance has a wide dosage range of safety. Its rapid metabolism entitles it a withdrawal in 3 days with the residual drug concentration in each tissue is less than 1ppm.
- Drug CombinationIn order to improve the anti-coccidia effect and reduce drug resistance, you can take a combination of drugs. In the early stages of coccidiosis (coccidiosis asexual breeding period) using decanoquinate + diclazuril, calcitonizumole or deccox + maduramicin, deccox + chloropyridine and other combination therapy to perform a synergistic effect of drugs to enhance the killing effect, while the use of each drug can reduce 1/2. In the fully outbreak period of coccidiosis, the use of deccox +sodium sulfaquinoxaline, deccox + SPZ and other combination therapy can inhibit and kill coccidium in asexual breeding and sexual reproduction.
- Synthesis Method3,4-dihydroxy nitrobenzene reacts with bromodecane in DMF medium to produce 3-hydroxy-4-decyloxy nitrobenzene. And the product is then ethoxylated and reduced to produce 3-ethoxy-4-decyloxyaniline. Then, 3-ethoxy-4-decyloxyaniline is condensed with diethyl ethoxymethylenemalonate to produce 3-ethoxy-4-decyloxyanilide methylidene malonate ester, which is finally transformed into finished product through heat condensation with dowtherm A.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White to Pale Yellow Solid
- UsesDecoquinate is a quinolone coccidiostat used in veterinary medicine, in particular as animal feed for poultry.
- Usesmonoxycarbolic acid antibiotic
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsDecoquinate is labeled for use in cattle for the prevention of coccidiosis
in either ruminating or non-ruminating calves, cattle or young
goats caused by the species E. christenseni or E. ninakohlyakimoviae.
It is used for prevention of coccidiosis in broilers caused by E. tenella,
E. necatrix, E. acervulina, E. mivati, E. maxima or E. burnetti.
It may be useful in dogs as prophylactic treatment for coccidiosis and hepatozoonosis relapse.
Decoquinate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethoxyquin Ethyl acetate Ethoxy Ethoxyethyne Ethyl vinyl ether 1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C9-11-branched alkyl esters C10-rich 2-Ethoxyethanol QUINOXYFEN Ethanol Ethyl acrylate CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Ethyl formate Diethoxymethyl acetate Dimethyl sebacate Decoquinate Ethylparaben DIETHOXYMETHANE Nequinate
- Company Name:Zhejiang Genebest Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Email:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Products Intro:Product Name:decoquinate
- Company Name:Wuhan ze shan cheng Biomedical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17786425391 027-51477051-
- Products Intro:CAS:18507-89-6
Purity:99% HPLC Package:5KG;25KG
- Company Name:Wuhan Wsem Biological Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13667159345 027-83778876-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Decoquinate
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Decoquinate, 98%
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Products Intro:Product Name:Decoquinate
Purity:97.0% LC&N Package:1G