ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal fluoride and salt > Nickel fluoride
Nickel fluoride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:1380℃(lit.)
- Boiling point:1498.77°C (estimate)
- Density 4.72 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- solubility diethyl ether: insoluble(lit.)
- form Crystalline
- color Pale yellow
- Specific Gravity4.72
- Water Solubility 2.51 g/100 mL
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,6508
- CAS DataBase Reference10028-18-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceNickel difluoride(10028-18-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNickel fluoride (NiF2) (10028-18-9)
- Hazard Codes T,Xi,Xn,N
- Risk Statements 45-36/37/38-42/43-40-68-50/53-48/23-41-38-25-61-49
- Safety Statements 53-26-36/37/39-45-36/37-61-60-22
- RIDADR 3288
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS QR6825000
- Hazard Note Irritant
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 6.1
- PackingGroup III
- Hazardous Substances Data10028-18-9(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 i.v. in mice: 130 mg/kg (Nat. Acad. Sci.)
Nickel fluoride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesGreen crystalline powder
- Chemical PropertiesNickel(II) fluoride has the tetragonal rutile structure with only slightly tetragonally compressed NiF6 octahedra; the Ni-F distances being 2.01 and 1.98 ?. Above the melting point it sublimes as a linear gaseous molecule. The anhydrous fluoride is rather unreactive towards concentrated acids; it is only slightly soluble in anhydrous hydrogen fluoride and is not attacked by electronegative elements such as chlorine, sulphur and phosphorus. The pale green tetrahydrate is slightly soluble in water; when heated, several intermediate hydrates are formed prior to N1F2.
- PreparationNickel fluoride tetrahydrate [13940-83-5], NiF2.4H2O, and its anhydrous counterpart, nickel fluoride [10028-18-9], NiF2 , are the only known stable binary compounds of nickel and fluorine. The former is a greenish light yellow crystal or powder prepared by the addition of nickel carbonate to 30-50% aqueous HF solution. The nickel fluoride formed first goes into solution and then precipitates out as the tetrahydrate as the concentration of Nickel fluoride increases and that of HF decreases. When the addition of nickel is complete, the solution and the precipitates are dried at 75-100°C until all the water is expelled. The tetrahydrate has high solubility in aqueous HF, eg, 13.3 wt % in 30% HF. It is slightly soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol and ether.
Anhydrous Nickel fluoride, a light yellow colored powder, is prepared by the action of anhydrous HF on anhydrous NiCl2 , or nickel fluoride tetrahydrate at 300°C. It is also prepared by heating a mixture of NH4.HF2 and NiF2.4H2O. The other methods include the fluorination of metal salts using excess SF4 or using ClF3 at elevated temperatures, or the reaction of NiCO3 and anhydrous HF at 250°C.
- Safety ProfileNTP 10th Report on Carcinogens. Reacts violently with potassium. Chronic exposure may cause mottling of teeth, changes in bones. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F-. See also FLUORIDES and NICKEL COMPOUNDS.
Nickel fluoride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- POTASSIUM HEXAFLUORONICKELATE(IV) NICKEL(II) FLUORIDE TETRAHYDRATE POTASSIUM HEPTAFLUORONICKELATE POTASSIUM HEXAFLUORONICKELATE (IV) POTASSIUM FLUORIDE POTASSIUM NICKEL FLUORIDE Nickel fluoride Boron trifluoride etherate Sulfur hexafluoride FLUORIDE STANDARD Aluminum fluoride Sodium fluoride Ammonium hydrogen difluoride nickel GERMAN SILVER Boron trifluoride Nickel sodium fluoride hydrogen fluoride
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Shanghai Mintchem Development Co., Ltd
- Tel:021 6845 0923
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.