ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Endocrinology & Hormones > Estrogen / progestogen Receptor Antagonists > Raloxifene hydrochloride
Raloxifene hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:250-253°C
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility DMSO: 28 mg/mL, soluble
- form solid
- color light yellow
- Merck 14,8098
- CAS DataBase Reference82640-04-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
Raloxifene hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionRaloxifene was launched as Evista in the US for the prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis. It is noteworthy that this molecule was formerly under development as keoxifene for breast cancer and prostatic hypertrophy. Raloxifene can be prepared by acylation of 6-methoxy-2-(4-methoxyphenyl) benzothiophene followed by simultaneous demethylation of both methoxy groups. Raloxifen is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, exerting antiestrogenic action on certain tissues (breast) and also estrogenic action on bone metabolism or serum lipids. In normal early postmenopausal women, 200 mg daily produced a trend towards suppression of estrogen effects. Raloxifen impeded bone loss in osteoporosis. A two-year study in postmenopausal women with an increased risk for osteoporosis showed that Raloxifen markedly prevented non-traumatic vertebral fractures. Results of several clinical studies demonstrated that Raloxifen appreciably reduced the risk of developing breast cancer. Moreover, it had favourable effect on lipid profiles without having the potential side-effects of estrogen-based therapies. Several extensions for different uses of this molecule are planned, for example growth disorder, obesity, colon tumor and skin atrophy. No serious drug-related events have been reported in the limited number of clinical trials.
- Chemical PropertiesLight-Yellow Solid
- OriginatorLilly (US)
- UsesRaloxifene hydrochloride can be used as a nonsteroidal, selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM). Antiosteoporotic.
- Usesamino acid, nutrient
- UsesLabeled Raloxifene, intended for use as an internal standard for the quantification of Raloxifene by GC- or LC-mass spectrometry.
- DefinitionChEBI: A hydrochloride salt resulting from the reaction of equimolar amounts of raloxifene and hydrogen chloride.
- brand nameEvista (Lilly).
- RALOXIFENE-D4HCL RALOXIFENE-D4, HYDROCHLORIDE Raloxifene 4-Ethoxyphenol Droloxifene Tramadol hydrochloride Sibutramine hydrochloride CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Raloxifene hydrochloride Rimantadine DIETHOXYMETHANE acetic acid, triethoxy-, ethyl ester Ethoxy Diethoxymethyl acetate 2-Ethoxyphenol Benzo[b]thien-2-ylboronic acid Ethoxyquin Topotecan hydrochloride
- Company Name:Jinan Chenghui Shuangda Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13064007766 0531-58897077-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519
- Company Name:ShangHai DEMO Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Tel:400-021-7337 qq:2355568890
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com