AtracuriuM Besylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:185-194 ºC
AtracuriuM Besylate Usage And Synthesis
- DefinitionChEBI: A diester compound consisting of pentane-1,5-diol with both hydroxyls bearing 3-[1-(3,4-dimethoxybenzyl)-6,7-dimethoxy-2-methyl-3,4-dihydroisoquinolinium-2(1H)-yl]propanoyl groups.
- HazardExtremely toxic.
- Chemical SynthesisAtracurium is 2,2-[1,5-pentanediylbis[oxy(3-oxo-3,1-propanediyl)]] bis
dibenzene sulfonate (15.1.12). This compound is synthesized from bis-acrylic
ester of 1,5-pentandiol (15.1.10), which is synthesized from acrylic acid chloride and 1,
5-pentandiol. Two molecules of a secondary amine, tetrahydropapaverine, are joined to the
product in a Michael reaction, forming compound (15.1.11). Then both nitrogen atoms are
methylated by methylbenzenesulfonate, giving atracurium (15.1.12).
- MetabolismAtracurium besylate is a nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocker in which the quaternary ammonium groups are located in two substituted tetrahydroisoquinoline rings separated by an aliphatic diester. It has a duration of action slightly longer than that of succinylcholine. Atracurium is not metabolized in the liver; rather, it undergoes hydrolysis of the ester functional groups that connect the two quaternary nitrogens. It also undergoes Hofmann elimination, a nonenzymatic, base-catalyzed decomposition, to yield laudanosine, which is inactive. T hus, termination of the effects of atracurium are independent of renal elimination. Because of this unusual metabolic profile, it is useful in patients with hepatic or renal disease.
- Atracurium besylate Dimethyldimethoxysilane DMC Methylparaben Kresoxim-methyl Methyl Methyl cellulose Methyl acrylate Methanol AtracuriuM Besylate 4-Methoxyphenylacetone 1,1-Dimethoxyethane Salmeterol xinafoate Bensulfuron methyl METSULFURON METHYL Methyl bromide Diphenyldimethoxysilane Isoquinoline
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai Ennopharm Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86 (21) 6435-5022
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd