CYCLOTHIAZIDE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:234°
- Density 1.3781 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6100 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- pkapKa 9.1(30% EtOH) (Uncertain)
- form White to off-white solid.
- Merck 14,2754
- EPA Substance Registry System2H-1,2,4-Benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide, 3-bicyclo[2.2.1]hept-5-en-2-yl-6-chloro-3,4-dihydro-, 1,1-dioxide (2259-96-3)
CYCLOTHIAZIDE Usage And Synthesis
- UsesDiuretic; antihypertensive. A subunit-specific inhibitor of GABAC receptors
- DefinitionChEBI: 3,4-Dihydro-2H-1,2,4-benzothiadiazine 1,1-dioxide substituted at positions 3, 5 and 6 by a 2-norbornen-5-yl group, chlorine, and a sulfonamide group, respectively. A thiazide diuretic, it has been used in the management of hypertension a d oedema.
- Manufacturing ProcessA mixture of 8.5 g (0.03 mol) of 6-chloro-4-amino-benzene-1,3- disulfonamide, 4.0 g (0.033 mol) of 2,5-endomethylene-δ3- tetrahydrobenzaldehyde and 25 cc of diethyleneglycol-dimethyl ether was heated for 2 hours at 100°C. During this time the major portion of the initially undissolved crystals went into solution; thereafter, the reaction mixture was allowed to stand for 14 hours at room temperature, during which the remaining undissolved crystals also went into solution. The reddish, clear solution thus obtained was admixed with 50 cc of chloroform. The greyishwhite precipitate formed thereby was separated by vacuum filtration, washed with a small amount of chloroform, dried and recrystallized from aqueous methanol. 7.5 g of white crystalline needles having a melting point of 229° to 230°C were obtained.
- brand nameAnhydron (Lilly).
- Therapeutic FunctionDiuretic, Antihypertensive
- Biological ActivityPositive allosteric modulator of AMPA receptors that potently inhibits AMPA receptor desensitization. Selective for the flip variant of each of the four receptor subunits. Also available as part of the AMPA Receptor Tocriset™ .
- (RS)-AMPA Camphene Hydrochlorothiazide Comphene Chlorothiazide Aminomethylcyclopentane hydrochloride butizide mebutizide Benzenesulfonamide, 2-(methylamino)- (9CI) CYCLOTHIAZIDE CLOFENAMIDE 2-amino-N-propylbenzenesulfonamide 4-Amino-6-chlorobenzene-1,3-disulfonamide ethiazide 2-AMINO-N-METHYLBENZENESULFONAMIDE 4-CHLORO-1,3-BENZENEDITHIOL N-(5-NORBORNENE-2-METHYL)-METHANESULFONAMIDE 2-AMINO-N-BUTYLBENZENESULFONAMIDE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Ascent Scientific
- Company Name:Chemsky (shanghai) International Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email