ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Hydrocarbon spices > TERPENE HYDROCARBONS > Comphene
Comphene Chemical Properties
- Melting point:48-52 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:159-160 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.85 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- Flash point:94 °F
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBicyclo[2.2.1]heptane, 2,2-dimethyl-3-methylene-(565-00-4)
Comphene Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCamphene is a colorless to white crystalline solid, Camphor, or turpentine odor. It may be shipped as a liquid. Freezing/Melting point 5 50C.
- Potential ExposureCamphene is used to manufacture synthetic camphor; for making moth-proofing and in the cosmetics, perfume, and food flavoring industries.
- ShippingUN1325 Flammable solids, organic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 4.1; Labels: 4.1-Flammable solid. UN2319 Terpene hydrocarbons, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 3; Labels: 3- Flammable liquid
- Purification MethodsCrystallise it twice from EtOH, then repeatedly melted and frozen at 30mm pressure. [Williams & Smyth J Am Chem Soc 84 1808 1962.] Alternatively it is dissolved in Et2O, dried over CaCl2 and Na, filtered, evaporated and the residue is sublimed in a vacuum [NMR: Hana & Koch Chem Ber 111 2527 1978].
- IncompatibilitiesForms explosive mixture with air. Emulsions in xylene may violently decompose on contact with iron or aluminum above 70C. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides. Contact with reducing agents may cause exothermic reaction, releasing flammable hydrogen gas
- Waste DisposalDissolve or mix the material with a combustible solvent and burn in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. All federal, state, and local environmental regulations must be observed.
- Company Name:Beijing Isomersyn Technology CO;LTD
- Tel:13391601435 010-82954736-
- Company Name:Career Henan Chemica Co
- Tel:13203830695 0371-86658258
- Company Name:Hubei xin bonus chemical co. LTD
- Company Name:BOC Sciences
- Company Name:Henan xiangduo industry co., ltd