Cemandil sodium salt
Cemandil sodium salt Chemical Properties
- Melting point:190-193°C
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- solubility Freely soluble in water, sparingly soluble in methanol.
- form neat
- pka2.6-3.0(at 25℃)
- Water Solubility Freely soluble in water. Sparingly soluble in methanol
- CAS DataBase Reference42540-40-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
Cemandil sodium salt Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorMandokef,Lilly,W. Germany,1977
- UsesCephalosporin antibacterial.
- DefinitionChEBI: A cephalosporin prodrug having (R)-O-formylmandelamido and N-methylthiotetrazole side-groups.
- Manufacturing ProcessTo 21.6 kg (17.8 l) of 98% formic acid was added 1.14 kg (7.5 mols) of D-(-)-
mandelic acid and the reaction mixture was heated for 4 hours at 70°C with
stirring. The excess formic acid was evaporated off in vacuo and the residual
syrup was dissolved in 6 l of benzene. The solution was washed twice with 6 l
portions of water and was dried over magnesium sulfate. The drying agent
was filtered and washed with 1.5 l of benzene, the washes being added to the
filtrate. The dried filtrate was evaporated in vacuo to obtain the D-(-)-
mandelic acid formate ether as a syrup. The product can be crystallized from
cyclohexane to yield material melting at about 55°C to 58°C.
The mandelic acid formate ester obtained as a syrup as described above is stirred for 2 hours with 2.9 kg (~1.75 l) of thionyl chloride at a temperature of about 70°C. The excess thionyl chloride is removed by evaporation and the residual green solution is vacuum distilled. The product, O-formyl mandeloyl chloride, distills over at 127°C to 130°C (15 mm) or at 108°C to 112°C (7 mm).
To 13 l of ethyl acetate were added 85.1 g (2.59 mols) of 7-amino-3-(1- methyl-1H-tetrazol-5-ylthiomethyl)-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid and 1,361 g (10.37 mols) of monotrimethylsilyl acetamide, and the mixture was stirred at 50°C until a clear solution was obtained. The solution was cooled to 20°C and 514 g (2.59 mold of O-formyl mandeloyl chloride was added at a rate such that the temperature of the reaction solution was maintained between about 20°C to 25% with ice-cooling.
The reaction mixture was stirred for 1.5 hours at about room temperature after the addition of the mandeloyl chloride was completed. Five liters of water were then added to the reaction mixture and the diluted mixture was stirred for about 10 minutes. The organic layer was separated and was washed twice with water. The combined washes are extracted with 1.5 l of ethyl acetate and the extract is combined with the washed organic layer. The whole was dried over magnesium sulfate, filtered and evaporated in vacuo on a 25°C water bath to yield 1,460 g of product, 7-(D-2-formyloxy-2- phenylacetamido)-3-(1-methyl-1H-tetrazol-5-ylthiomethyl)-3-cephem-4- carboxylic acid, as a yellow foam.
The product was dissolved in 5 l of acetone and the solution was mixed with a solution of 430 g (2.59 mols) of sodium 2-ethylhexanoate in 5.4 l of acetone. The combined solutions were seeded and stirred in an ice bath for 1.5 hours. The crystalline precipitate of sodium 7-(D-2-formyloxy-2-phenylacetamido)-3- (1-methyl-1H-tetrazol-5-ylthiomethyl)-3-cephem-4-carboxylate was filtered and washed with 5 l of acetone. The crystalline salt was dried overnight in a vacuum oven at 40°C to yield 1,060 g (80%)of product, melting at 182°C to 184°C.
- brand nameMandol (Lilly).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
- Mechanism of actionCefamandole nafate has a formylated D-mandelic amide moiety at C-7. The formate ester is cleaved rapidly in the host to release the more active cefamandole. The esterification also apparently overcomes the instability of cefamandole when it is stored in dry form. This agent has increased activity against Haemophil us influenzae and some Gram-negative bacilli as compared with the first-generation cephalosporins. Loss of the 5-thio-l-methyl-l-H-tetrazole moiety (referred to sometimes by the acronym MT T) from C-3 is associated with prothrombin deficiency and bleeding problems as well as with an Antabuse-like acute alcohol intolerance. On the other hand, this grouping enhances potency and prevents metabolism by deacetylation. Like the other second-generation cephalosporins, cefamandole is more active against Gram-negative bacteria. The principle clinical use is for lower respiratory tract, skin and skin structures, and bone and joint infections as well as septicemia and urinary tract infections when the organisms are sensitive.
- Clinical UseThe D-mandeloyl moiety of Cemandil sodium salt appears toconfer resistance to a few β-lactamases, since some β-lactamase–producing, Gram-negative bacteria (particularlyEnterobacteriaceae) that show resistance to cefazolin andother first-generation cephalosporins are sensitive tocefamandole. Additionally, it is active against some ampicillin-resistant strains of Neisseria and Haemophilus spp.Although resistance to β-lactamases may be a factor in determiningthe sensitivity of individual bacterial strains tocefamandole, an early study indicated that other factors,such as permeability and intrinsic activity, are frequentlymore important. The L-mandeloyl isomer is significantlyless active than the D-isomer.
- Cefamandole nafate impurity F Cefamandole nafate sodium isomer impurity Cefamandole nafate impurity B Cefamandole nafate impurity A Cefamandole nafate oxide impurity Cefamandole nafate impurity H Cefamandole nafate double bond displacement impurity Cefamandole nafate impurity G Sodium benzoate Sodium citrate Dimethyl sulfone Sodium chloride Sodium cefamandole Cemandil sodium salt 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT 1-CHLOROMETHYL-1H-1,2,4-TRIAZOLE sodium 5-Methyl-1H-benzotriazole
Cemandil sodium saltSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Wuhan Chemwish Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.