ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Carboxylic acids and esters > Aliphatic dicarboxylic acid esters > LINALYL ISOBUTYRATE
LINALYL ISOBUTYRATE Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:305.75°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0013 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4576 (estimate)
- FEMA 2640 | LINALYL ISOBUTYRATE
- JECFA Number362
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceLinalyl isobutyrate(78-35-3)
- EPA Substance Registry System3,7-Dimethyl-1,6-octadien-3-ol isobutyrate (78-35-3)
LINALYL ISOBUTYRATE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionLinalyl isobutyrate has a light, fruity odor with a lavender note and a sweet flavor reminiscent of black currant. May be synthe sized by esterification of linalool with isobutyric anhydride.
- Chemical PropertiesLinalyl isobutyrate has a light, fruity odor with a lavender note and a sweet flavor reminiscent of black currant.
- Chemical PropertiesLinalyl Isobutyrate has a fresh, fruity lavender odor,which is more refined than that of the butyrate. It is used in lavender compositions and in several floral notes.
- OccurrenceReported found in the essential oil of Ceylon cinnamon and in lavender oil; a dextrorotatory form has been reported in the oil from leaves of Agathosoma gnidioides and sour cherry.
- UsesLinalyl Isobutyrate is a flavoring agent that is a liquid, slightly yellow in color with a fruity odor. it is miscible in alcohol, ether, and chloroform, and insoluble in water. it is obtained by chemical synthesis. it is also termed 3,7-dimethyl-2,6-octadien-3-yl isobutrate.
- PreparationBy esterification of linalool with isobutyric anhydride.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 20 ppm: floral, fruity, sweet, berry and citrus.
- Toxicity evaluationIn the rat, the acute oral LD 50 was reported to be > 36.3 g/kg (Jenner, Hagan, Taylor, Cook & Fitzhugh, 1964). At this dose, the highest tested, toxic signs included depression, wet fur and diarrhoea, but the surviving animals appeared normal after 1 wk. In the mouse, the acute oral LD 50 was 151 g/kg (Jenner et al. 1964); animals were depressed soon after treatment and excitable after 1 hr, with rough fur, and death occurred between 4 hr and 3 days. The acute dermal LD 50 in rabbits was reported as > 5 g/kg (Moreno, 1974).
LINALYL ISOBUTYRATE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- METHYL-2-BUTYL-ISO-BUTYRATE CITRONELLYL ISOBUTYRATE DIMETHYL BENZYL CARBINYL ISOBUTYRATE DODECYL ISOBUTYRATE AMYL ISOBUTYRATE HEPTYL ISOBUTYRATE OCTYL ISOBUTYRATE Hexyl isobutyrate NERYL ISOBUTYRATE Linalool LINALYL BUTYRATE 3-METHYL-1-PENTEN-3-OL 1-HEXEN-3-YL ACETATE ETHYL LINALOOL LINALYL PROPIONATE NEROLIDYL ISOBUTYRATE LINALYL ISOBUTYRATE LINALYL FORMATE
- Company Name:Beijing Isomersyn Technology CO;LTD
- Tel:13391601435 010-82954736-
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Jiangsu Aikon Biopharmaceutical R&D co.,Ltd.
- Tel:17798518460 025-66099280-
- Company Name:Chengdu Saint - Kay Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai wencai New Material Technology Co., Ltd.