ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Ketones spices > Terpene ketone > 2-Pentyl-3-methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one
2-Pentyl-3-methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:120-121 °C12 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.916 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3763 | 3-METHYL-2-(N-PENTANYL)-2-CYCLOPENTEN-1-ONE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:230 °F
- Specific Gravity0.914～0.916 (20/4℃)
- color A colourless, slightly oily liquid with a floral-like odour
- JECFA Number1406
- BRN 1906471
- CAS DataBase Reference1128-08-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDihydrojasmone(1128-08-1)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Cyclopenten-1-one, 3-methyl-2-pentyl- (1128-08-1)
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS GY7302000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29142990
- ToxicityThe acute oral LD50 in rats was reported as 2.5 g/kg (1.79-3.50 g/kg) (Keating, 1972). The acute dermal LD50 value in rabbits was reported as 5 g/kg (Keating, 1972).
2-Pentyl-3-methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Properties2-Pentyl-3-methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one is a colorless,
slightly viscous liquid with a typical jasmine odor, resembling that of the naturally
occurring (Z)-jasmone. Dihydrojasmone is produced by an acid-catalyzed
rearrangement of 4-methyl-??-decalactone, which is readily obtained by
radical addition of 2-octanol to acrylic acid.
Dihydrojasmone is used in perfumery in jasmine bases and, more generally, in floral and fruity fragrances.
- Chemical Properties3-Methyl-2-(n-pentanyl)-2-cyclopenten-1-one has a fresh, fruity, jasmine odor with woody and herbal nuances.
- OccurrenceHas apparently not been reported to occur in nature.
- PreparationHexyl bromide plus levulinic ester yields a lactone, which is reacted with polyphosphoric acid or phosphorus pentoxide to produce hydrojasmone.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 10 ppm: sweet, floral, green, herbal with a citrus nuance.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 56, p. 2301, 1978 DOI: 10.1139/v78-379
Journal of the American Chemical Society, 92, p. 7428, 1970 DOI: 10.1021/ja00728a029
2-Pentyl-3-methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one Preparation Products And Raw materials
- DIHYDROJASMONE LACTONE DIHYDROJASMONE Methyl dihydrojasmonate 2-BUTYL-3-METHYLCYCLOPENT-2-EN-1-ONE 2-METHYL-2-CYCLOPENTEN-1-ONE 2-Pentyl-3-methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one 2-Cyclopentenone 2,3-DIMETHYL-2-HEPTENE 2,3-DIMETHYL-2-OCTENE 2,3-DIMETHYL-2-CYCLOPENTEN-1-ONE di-Calciphor 1,2-DIMETHYLCYCLOPENTENE 1-ETHYL-1-CYCLOPENTENE 1-ETHYL-2-METHYLCYCLOPENTENE 1-Methylcyclopentene 1-BUTYLCYCLOPENTENE 3-Methyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one PROSTAGLANDIN B1
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-