Pyrimethanil Chemical Properties
- Melting point:96°C
- Boiling point:362.8±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.15
- vapor pressure 2.2 x l0-5 Pa (25 °C)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Inert atmosphere,Room temperature
- form neat
- Water Solubility 0.121 g/L (25 ºC)
- BRN 151589
- CAS DataBase Reference53112-28-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPyrimethanil (53112-28-0)
- Hazard Codes N
- Risk Statements 51/53
- Safety Statements 60
- RIDADR UN 3077
- WGK Germany 2
- Hazardous Substances Data53112-28-0(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 (mg/kg): 4061-5358 orally in mice; 4150-5971 orally in rats; >5000 dermally in rats; LC50 (96 hr) in mirror carp, rainbow trout (mg/l): 35.36, 10.56 (Neumann)
Pyrimethanil Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- Chemical PropertiesPyrimethanil is a white to light yellow crystal- line powder. Commercial product is available as a brown emulsifiable concentrate.
- UsesPyrimethanil is a broad spectrum anilino-pyrimidine foliar fungicide. Pyrimethanil functions by inhibiting the biosynthesis of methionine in Botrytis cinerea.
- UsesPyrimethanil provides both protective and curative control of fungal diseases in pome fruits (leaf scab caused by Venturiu inaequalis), vines, fruits, vegetables and ornamentals (grey mould)
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of aminopyrimidines that is N-phenylpyrimidin-2-amine carrying two additional methyl substituents at positions 4 and 6. A fungicide used to control grey mould on fruit, vegetables and ornamentals as well as leaf sc b on pome fruit. Also commonly employed to control Botrytis cinerea throughout the winemaking process in grapes, must, fermenting must and wine.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 30, p. 1942, 1982 DOI: 10.1248/cpb.30.1942
- Agricultural UsesFungicide: Used on grapes, strawberries, tomatoes, onions, beans, cucumbers, eggplant, and ornamental.
- Trade nameSCALA®; SN 100309®
- Potential ExposureA pyrimidine fungicide used on grapes, strawberries, tomatoes, onions, beans, cucumbers, eggplant, and ornamental plants.
- Metabolic pathwayLimited data are available in the open literature. Information presented in this summary is abstracted from the data evaluation published by the Pesticide Safety Directorate (PSD, 1995). Hydroxylation at the methyl, phenyl or pyrimidine moiety is the primary metabolic pathway of pyrimethanil in soil, plants and animals. Cleavage of the aniho-pyrimidine linkage was observed as a minor metabolic reaction. The formation of nitro- analogues of pyrimethanil is a novel nitration reaction observed in the soil metabolism study (Scheme 1).
- ShippingUN3082 Environmentally hazardous substances, liquid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required. UN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- DegradationPyrimethanil (1) is stable to hydrolytic degradation in the environmentally
relevant pH range (5-9) at 22-50 °C.
Pyrimethanil degraded rapidly at pH 4 and 30 °C (DT50 1 day) when the sterile buffered solution was exposed to mercury arc lamp (200-500 nm). The DT50 of pyrimethanil in pH 7 solution under the same photolysis test conditions was ca.77 days. There is no information on the chemical nature of pyrimethanil aqueous photolysis products.
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explo- sions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides.
- Waste DisposalContainers must be disposed of properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office. If this material cannot be disposed of according to label instruc- tions, it may be dissolved or mixed with a combustible sol- vent and burned in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. In accordance with 40CFR165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers.
Pyrimethanil Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsPyrimethanil suspension
PYRIMETHANIL SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN TOLUENE 1ML Pyrimethanil suspension PYRIMETHANIL SOLUTION 100UG/ML IN ACETONITRILE 1ML CHLORODIMETHYLVINYLSILANE Dimethyl sebacate Dacthal N-(4-NITROPHENYL)-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N-[4-(TRIFLUOROMETHOXY)PHENYL]-4,6-DIMETHYLPYRIMIDINAMINE N4-(4,6-DIMETHYLPYRIMIDIN-2-YL)-N,N-DIMETHYL-4-AMINOBENZENESULPHONAMIDE N-(2,3-DICHLOROPHENYL)-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N[4-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PHENYL]-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N-(2,6-DIMETHYLPHENYL)-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N-(3,5-DICHLOROPHENYL)-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N-[2-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PHENYL]-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE 2-[4-(METHYLTHIO)PHENYL]-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N-(4-CHLOROPHENYL)-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINEAMINE N-[2-CHLORO-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PHENYL]-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE N-(4-ISOPROPOXYPHENYL)-4,6-DIMETHYL-2-PYRIMIDINAMINE
- Company Name:Jiangsu Gengyun Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:0511-81987510 81987588 转 8013
- Company Name:Creasyn Finechem(Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Rudong Zhongyi Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.