Ropivacaine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:144-146°
- alpha D25 -82.0° (c = 2 in methanol)
- Boiling point:410.2±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.044±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- pka8.16(at 25℃)
- CAS DataBase Reference84057-95-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- HS Code 2933399090
Ropivacaine Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionNaropin was launched in 1996 in Australia, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands and Sweden as a local anesthetic. It can be prepared in a number of ways the most efficient involves a three step sequence beginning with L-pipecolic acid. This compound is the first one in this family to be produced as the pure (S)- enantiomer. The (R)-enantiomer has been shown to have cardiotoxic effects. Thus ropivicaine has less cardiovascular and CNS toxicity than bupivacaine. It is a Na channel blocker that is specific for affecting nerve fibers responsible for transmission of pain (Aδ and C) with no effect on fibers responsible for motor function (Aβ). Clinically, it has distinct advantages over bupivacaine. Its effects are slower in onset, less intense and have a shorter duration. This is a result of extensive metabolism in the liver to the 3-hydroxy isomer by CYPIA2 isoenzyme.
- OriginatorAstra (Sweden)
- UsesRopivacaine HCl is an anaesthetic agent and blocks impulse conduction in nerve fibres through inhibiting sodium ion influx reversibly. - See more at: http://www.selleckchem.com/products/ropivacaine-hcl.html#sthash.hTK3J8yF.dpuf
- DefinitionChEBI: A piperidinecarboxamide-based amide-type local anaesthetic (amide caine) in which (S)-N-propylpipecolic acid and 2,6-dimethylaniline are combined to form the amide bond.
- brand nameNarapin [as hydrochloride] (Astra).
- Biological FunctionsRopivacaine (Naropin) is a recently developed longacting amide-linked local anesthetic. Its duration of action is similar to that of bupivacaine, but it is slightly less potent and requires higher concentrations to achieve the same degree of block. Its primary advantage over bupivacaine is its lesser degree of cardiotoxicity.
- General DescriptionThe recognized increase in cardiotoxicity of one bupivacaineisomer led to the stereospecific production of ropivacaine asthe single “S” (-) enantiomer. Ropivacaine is the propylanalog of mepivacaine (methyl) and bupivacaine (butyl). ThepKa of the tertiary nitrogen is 8.1, and it displays the same degreeof protein binding as bupivacaine ( 94%). Althoughropivacaine has similar properties as bupivacaine, it displaysless cardiotoxicity. The shortened alkyl chain gives it approximatelyone third of the lipid solubility of bupivacaine.
- Clinical UseRopivacaine is a long-acting amide-type local anestheticwith inherent vasoconstrictor activities, so it does not requirethe use of additional vasoconstrictors. It is approved forepidural, nerve block, infiltration, and intrathecal anesthesia.
Ropivacaine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Formamide (S)Ropivacaine Mesilate (S)Ropivacaine Mesilate Levo-Ropivacaine ROPIVACAINE MSILATE Ropivacaine impurity G Ropivacaine-d7 S-ropivacaine mesylate (S)-ROPIVACAINE MSILATE Ropivacaine hydrochloride,ROPIVACAINE HCL,ROPIVACAINE HYDROCHLORIDE MONOHYDRATE,(S)-ROPIVACAINE HYDROCHLORIDE,S-ROPIVACAINE HCL Levobupivacaine Ropivacaine Propyl butyrate ROPIVACAINE MESYLATE Piperidine Propyl gallate S-ROPIVACAINE HCL,(S)-ROPIVACAINE HYDROCHLORIDE,ROPIVACAINE HCL,Ropivacaine mesilate ,Ropivacaine hydrochloride N,N-Dimethylformamide
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:Beijing Isomersyn Technology CO;LTD
- Company Name:Shanghai Ennopharm Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86 (21) 6435-5022