TERBUTALINE SULFATE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:246-248°C
- Density 1.1840 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6900 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: soluble100mg/mL, clear to slightly hazy, colorless to yellow
- pkapKa1 8.8, pKa2 10.1, pKa3 11.2(at 25℃)
- form neat
TERBUTALINE SULFATE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTerbutaline is the N-t-butyl analogue of metaproterenol and, as such, would be expected to have a more potent β2-selectivity. When compared to metaproterenol, terbutaline has a threefold greater potency at the β2-receptor. Like metaproterenol, it is resistant to COMT and slowly metabolized by MAO, therefore having good oral bioavailability with similar onset and duration. Terbutaline is available as tablets and solutions for injection and inhalation. Adverse effects are similar to other direct-acting β2-selective agonists, however, with a greater incidence of palp
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white, crystalline powder.
- OriginatorBricanyl,Pharma-Stern,W. Germany,1971
- Usesbetaadrenergic agonist, bronchodilator
- UsesAnti Asthmatic
- UsesA B-Adrenergic receptor agonist. A Bronchodilator
- Manufacturing ProcessTo a solution of 32 g of benzyl-t-butylamine in 300 ml of absolute ethanol at
reflux temperature was added 32 g of 3,5-dibenzyloxy-?-bromoacetophenone
in 10 ml of dry benzene. The mixture was refluxed for 20 hours and then
evaporated. When absolute ether was added to the residue, benzyl-tbutylamine
hydrobromide was precipitated. The precipitated compound was
filtered off and to the filtrate was added an excess of 2 N sulfuric acid. This
caused precipitation of the hydrogen sulfate of 3,5-dibenzyloxy-?-(benzyl-tbutylamino)-
acetophenone which was recrystallized from acetone/ether. If the product is crystallized from different organic solvents, the melting point will
vary with the type and amount of solvent of crystallization, but the product
can be used directly for hydrogenation.
15 g of 3,5-dibenzyloxy-?-(benzyl-t-butylamino)-acetophenone hydrogen sulfate in 200 ml of glacial acetic acid were hydrogenated in a Parr pressure reaction apparatus in the presence of 1.5 g of 10% palladium charcoal at 50°C and 5 atmospheres pressure. The reaction time was 5 hours. The catalyst was filtered off, the filtrate was evaporated to dryness and the hydrogen sulfate of 1-(3',5'-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-(t-butylamino)-ethanol was received. This compound is hygroscopic, but it can be transformed into a nonhygroscopic sulfate in the following manner.
The hydrogen sulfate was dissolved in water and the pH of the solution was adjusted to 5.6 (pH-meter) with 0.1 N sodium hydroxide solution. The water solution was evaporated to dryness and the residue dried with absolute ethanol/benzene and once more evaporated to dryness. The remaining crystal mixture was extracted in a Soxhlet extraction apparatus with absolute methanol. From the methanol phase the sulfate of 1-(3',5'-dihydroxyphenyl)- 2-(t-butylamino)-ethanol crystallized. Melting point 246°C to 248°C.
- brand nameTerbutaline is INN and BAN.
- Therapeutic FunctionBronchodilator
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsTerbutaline is used as a bronchodilating agent in the adjunctive
treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases (including tracheobronchitis,
collapsing trachea, pulmonary edema, and allergic bronchitis)
in small animals. It may be of some benefit in treating bradyarrhythmias
in dogs and cats.
Terbutaline has been used occasionally in horses for its bronchodilating effects, but adverse effects, short duration of activity after IV administration and poor oral absorption have limited its use. It has been shown to be useful as a diagnostic agent to diagnose anhidrosis in horses after intradermal injection.
Oral and intravenous terbutaline has been used successfully in humans for the inhibition of premature labor clinical signs.
TERBUTALINE SULFATE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- BECLOMETHASONE Budesonide Ipratropium bromide monohydrate Entacapone Salbutamol 1-[2,5-bis(benzyloxy)phenyl]ethan-1-one Ipratropium bromide Montelukast sodium (r)-budesonide 5-(1-Hydroxy-2-tert-butylamino-ethyl)benzene-1,3-diol H-89 DIHYDROCHLORIDE HYDRATE ZSTK474 Terbutaline sulfate BP Bambuterol hydrochloride TERBUTALINE SULFATE
- Company Name:Beijing Honghuixin Medical Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shengyang Runze (Beijing) Technology Co., Gold
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:LGM Pharma