CEPHALEXIN MONOHYDRATE Chemical Properties
- refractive index 154 ° (C=0.5, H2O)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- solubility NH4OH 1 M: 50 mg/mL, clear, yellow
- form solid
- Water Solubility 13.5g/L(25 ºC)
- Merck 14,1974
- BRN 965503
- CAS DataBase Reference23325-78-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
CEPHALEXIN MONOHYDRATE Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Solid
- UsesSemi-synthetic cephalosporin antibiotic.
- UsesCephalosporin antibacterial.
- UsesA semisynthetic cephalorsporin antibiotic.
- DefinitionChEBI: The hydrate of cephalexin.
- Manufacturing ProcessTo a 1 liter flask containing dimethylformamide at 0°C, was added 24.8 g
sodium N-(2-methoxycarbonyl-1-methylvinyl)-D-α-phenylglycine (prepared
from sodium D-α-phenylglycine and methyl acetoacetate). The mixture was
cooled to -40°C and methyl chloroformate (7.5 ml) and dimethylbenzylamine
(0.26 ml) added. After stirring for 25 minutes, p-nitrobenzyl 7-
aminodesacetoxycephalosporanate (32.8 g) in the form of its hydrochloride
salt was added, followed by triethylamine (12.1 ml) and dimethylformamide
(140 ml) over a period of 20 minutes. The reaction mixture was stirred for 2
hours at -25°C to -35°C, then warmed to 0°C and water (32 ml) added. To
the resultant solution, hydrochloric acid (54 ml) was added followed by zinc
(21.8 g) in portions over a period of 5 minutes, the temperature being
maintained at 5°C to 10°C. Further hydrochloric acid (35 ml) was added and
the solution stirred at 15°C to 20°C for 7 hours.
The pH was adjusted to 3.3 with triethylamine and semicarbazidehydrochloride (9.5 g) added. The mixture was brought back to pH 3 with further triethylamine, then stirred for 30 minutes at pH 3. The resultant mixture was adjusted slowly over 4 hours to pH 6.8 by addition of triethylamine, seeding being carried out when pH 4.5 was reached. The precipitated cephalexin was filtered off, washed with dimethylformamide (200 ml) and the cephalexin recovered, yield 75%.
- brand nameKeflex (Panixine (Ranbaxy).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
- D-2-Phenylglycine 7-Amino-3-methyl-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid L-Cephalexin 2,5-Piperazinedione, 3-(hydroxymethylene)-6-phenyl- Cephalexin Sulfoxide Cephalexin Diketopiperazine [6R-[6α,7β(R*)]]-7-[(AMinophenylacetyl)aMino]-3-Methyl-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0 Phenylglycylcefalexin [6R-[6α,7β(R*)]]-7-[(AMinophenylacetyl)aMino]-3-Methylene-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]octane-2-carboxylic Acid SodiuM Salt (6R-trans)-7-[(2,2-diMethyl-1-oxopropyl)aMino]-3-Methyl-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2- 3-Hydroxy-4-Methyl-2(5H)-thiophenone CEPHALEXIN MONOHYDRATE MICRO/COMPACTED CEPHALEXIN MONOHYDRATE--N/H (pivaloyloxy)methyl [6R-[6alpha,7beta(R*)]]-7-(2-amino-2-phenylacetamido)-3-methyl-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylate monohydrochloride CEPHALEXIN MONOHYDRATE CEPHALEXIN-D5, HYDROCHLORIDE HYDRATE Cephalexin monohydrate,compacted Cephalexin monohydrate, powder
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:021-54302127 021-54306202-
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.