ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Biochemical Reagents > Biological Dyes > Mordant Blue 29
Mordant Blue 29
Mordant Blue 29 Chemical Properties
- Colour Index 43825
- form Powder
- pkapK1:2.45;pK2:4.86;pK3:11.47 (25°C)
- color Dark-brown
- Water Solubility Soluble in water
- BRN 4110655
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzoic acid, 5-[(3-carboxy-5-methyl-4-oxo-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidene)(2,6-dichloro-3-sulfophenyl)methyl]-2-hydroxy-3-methyl-, trisodium salt (1667-99-8)
Mordant Blue 29 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesdark brown powder
- Preparation2,4-Dichloro-3-formylbenzenesulfonic acid?and 2-Hydroxy-3-methylbenzoic acid condensation, its product oxidation and changed into sodium salt.
- Properties and Applicationsred light blue. Soluble in water for brown light yellow, slightly soluble in ethanol for red light brown. In concentrated sulfuric acid for hot magenta, after dilution to orange, and then generate a orange precipitation. Dye aqueous solution and sodium hydroxide as 3H-indol-3-one,2-(1,3-dihydro-3-oxo-2H-indol-2-ylidene)-1,2-dihydro- blue.
Standard Ironing Fastness Light Fastness Fulling Persperation Fastness Soaping Water Alkali Acid ISO 4 3 4 2 4-5 4 5
- Purification MethodsThe crude phenolic triphenylmethanecarboxysulfonic acid triNa salt (40g) is dissolved in water (250mL) and filtered. Then conc HCl (50mL) is added to the filtrate, with stirring. The precipitate is filtered off, washed with HCl (2M) and dried. It is redissolved in water (250mL), and precipitation is repeated twice more in a water bath at 70o. It is dried under vacuum over solid KOH (first), then P2O5 [Martynov et al. Zh Analyt Khim 32 519 1977]. It has also been purified by paper chromatography using n-butanol, acetic acid and water (7:3:1). First and second spots were extracted. It chelates Al and Be. It is used also for estimating fluoride. [Beilstein 11 IV 707.]
- Benzenesulfonic acid 2,4-Dimethylphenol Sodium ethoxide Thiophanate-methyl Sodium citrate Methyl Carboxy styrene-butadiene latex CHROMOTROPIC ACID DISODIUM SALT Mordant Red 19 2,4-Dimethyl-1,4-pentadiene 1,5-DIMETHYL-1,4-CYCLOHEXADIENE Sodium 4-chlorobenzene sulfinate Methallyl alcohol 3,5-Dimethylbenzoic acid SODIUM METHANESULFONATE β-Methylstyrene 2-METHYL-1-PHENYLPROPENE Parathion-methyl
Mordant Blue 29SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-