ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Nervous system drugs > Antidepressants, Antimanics drugs > Trazodone hydrochloride
Trazodone hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:223-226?C
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility 45% (w/v) aq 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin: 23.3 mg/mL
- form powder
- color off-white
- PHpH (10g/l, 25℃) : 3.9～4.5
- Water Solubility Soluble at 25mg/ml in methanol. Also soluble in 0.1M HCl or DMSO. Insoluble in water /n
- CAS DataBase Reference25332-39-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Hazard Codes Xn,Xi,T,F
- Risk Statements 22-40-36/37/38-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11
- Safety Statements 22-36-37/39-26-45-36/37-16-7
- RIDADR 3249
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS XZ5660000
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29335990
- Hazardous Substances Data25332-39-2(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 i.v. in mice: 96 mg/kg (Silvestrini, Quadri)
Trazodone hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionTrazodone Hydrochloride belongs to the hydrochloride salt form of trazodone with antidepressant and sedative activities, which is primarily used in the treatment of major depression. It serves as a serotonin uptake inhibitor that is effective for patients suffering from major depressive disorders and other subsets of depressive disorders, which is especially helpful for geriatric patients with severe agitation and certain depressive disorders associated with insomnia and anxiety since it has proved that trazodone also has anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) and sleep-inducing (hypnotic) effects. Besides, it is often prescribed as a sedative that is used for the treatment of panic attacks, aggressive behavior, agoraphobia, and cocaine withdrawal in combination with other drugs. Trazodone Hydrochloride is an oral drug that functions by affecting the balance of chemicals (neurotransmitters) within the brain that nerves use to communicate with (stimulate) each other.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Solid
- UsesMonoamine reuptake inhibitor; antidepressant.
- DefinitionChEBI: A hydrochloride salt prepared from equimolar amounts of trazodone and hydrogen chloride.
- Manufacturing ProcessIn an initial step, 2-chloropyridine is reacted with semicarbazide to give s_x0002_triazolo-[4,3-a]-pyridine-3-one.
To a boiling solution of 6.7 grams s-triazolo-[4,3-a]-pyridine-3-one in 80 ml
dioxane, there is added 2.4 grams 50% NaH. The mixture is refluxed during 1
hour under stirring, then 13.5 grams 1-(3-chloropropyl)-4-mchlorophenylpiperazine is added. The mixture is refluxed under stirring for 20
hours, cooled, diluted with an equal volume of ether, the sodium chloride
filtered out, and ethereal HCl added. The solid which precipitates is filtered out and crystallized from 95% alcohol. Yield is 13.5 grams, MP 223°C.
The following is an alternative method of preparation: 1 gram 2-(γ-
chloropropyl)-s-triazolo-[4,3-a]-pyridine-3-one and 5 ml saturated ammonia
alcoholic solution are heated for 5 hours in a closed tube at 100°C. The
contents of the tube are cooled, the ammonium chloride filtered out and the
solvent is removed. There remains a residue of 0.9 grams 2-(γ-aminopropyl)-
This residue is dissolved in isopropyl alcohol and 1 gram N-bis-chloroethylaniline is added to it. The mixture is refluxed for 3 hours. The solvent is removed at a reduced pressure, the residue is treated with 50% potassium carbonate, and extracted with ether. By treating with ethereal hydrochloric acid, 2-N'-m-chlorophenylpiperazino-propyl-s-triazole[4,3-a]pyridine-3-one hydrochloride is precipitated; MP 223°C.
- Therapeutic FunctionTranquilizer
- Trazodone Hydrochloride 2-[3-[4-(3-Chlorophenyl)-1-piperazinyl]propyl]-1,2,4-tri 1-(3-Chlorophenyl)piperazine dihydrochloride NA Pyridine TRAZODONE HYDROCHLORIDE IMPURITY STANDARD TRAZODONE HYDROCHLORIDE IMP. F (BP) AS HYDROCHLORIDE: 1-(3-CHLOROPHENYL)-4-(3-CHLOROPROPYL)PIPERAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE TRAZODONE HYDROCHLORIDE IMP. H (BP) AS DIHYDROCHLORIDE: 1,3-BIS-[4-(3-CHLOROPHENYL)PIPERAZIN-1-YL]PROPANE DIHYDROCHLORIDE Trazodone hydrochloride Tramadol hydrochloride Propyl butyrate Homopiperazine Sibutramine hydrochloride Propyl gallate Cetirizine hydrochloride Piperazine ferulate Piperazine Pyridine hydrochloride Topotecan hydrochloride
- Company Name:Kono Chem Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18292830413 029-86107037-8014
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519