ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Saccharides > Polysaccharide > Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose
Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose
Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose Chemical Properties
- Density 1.28-1.30 g/cm3 (20℃)
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility H2O: 20 mg/mL, soluble
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCellulose, 2-hydroxyethyl methyl ether (9032-42-2)
- WGK Germany 1
- Autoignition Temperature>360 °C
- HS Code 3912 39 85
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: > 2000 mg/kg
Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiessoluble in cold water, flocculates at elevated temperatures
- Chemical PropertiesA white, yellowish-white or grayish-white powder or granules, hygroscopic after drying.
- UsesWater retention aid, thickening agent, protective colloid, suspending agent, binder and stabilizer.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsHydroxyethylmethyl cellulose is used as an excipient in a wide range of pharmaceutical products, including oral tablets and suspensions, and topical gel preparations. It has similar properties to methylcellulose, but the hydroxyethyl groups make it more readily soluble in water and solutions are more tolerant of salts and have a higher coagulation temperature.
- SafetyHydroxyethylmethyl cellulose is used as an excipient in various oral and topical pharmaceutical preparations, and is generally regarded as an essentially nontoxic and nonirritant material.
- storageHydroxyethylmethyl cellulose is hygroscopic and should therefore be stored under dry conditions away from heat.
- Regulatory StatusGRAS listed. Included in nonparenteral medicines licensed in Europe (oral suspensions, tablets, and topical preparations).
- SALCOMINE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) PHENYLSELENOL 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE Tosylmethyl isocyanide BENZYL ISOCYANIDE Methyl Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl cellulose Acetonitrile CARBOXYMETHYL HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE CELLULOSE Ethyl cellulose Hydroxyethyl Cellulose Methanol Ehyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Methyl 2-hydroxyethyl celluloseSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196