ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Saccharides > Disaccharides > Neosperidin dihydrochalcone
- Product Name:Neosperidin dihydrochalcone
- Synonyms: NEDC Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone ,EP Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone, froM Citrus MaxiMa Newhesperidinchalconetwohydrogen Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone SynonyMs 1-(4-((2-O-[6-Deoxy-alpha-L-Mannopyranosyl]-beta-D-glucopyranosyl)oxy)-2,6-dihydroxyphenyl)-3-[3-hydroxy-4-Methoxyphenyl]-1-propanone 1-Propanone, 1-[4-[[2-O-(6-deoxy-α-L-mannopyranosyl)-β-D-glucopyranosyl]oxy]-2,6-dihydroxyphenyl]-3-(3-hydroxy-4-methoxyphenyl)- Neohesperidine Dihydrochalcone (100 mg) neohesperidi dihydrochalcone
- Product Categories: - reagent standard substance Inhibitors Chalcones Biochemistry Disaccharides Glycosides Sugars Natural Plant Extract Food Additives Aromatics Carbohydrates & Derivatives Intermediates & Fine Chemicals Pharmaceuticals chemical reagent pharmaceutical intermediate phytochemical reference standards from Chinese medicinal herbs (TCM). standardized herbal extract CITRIMORE
- Mol File:20702-77-6.mol
Neosperidin dihydrochalcone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:156-158 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3811 | NEOHESPERIDIN DIHYDROCHALCONE
- storage temp. −20°C
- solubility Practically insoluble in water, freely soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide, soluble in methanol, practically insoluble in methylene chloride.
- form crystalline
- color light yellow
- Water Solubility Insoluble
- Merck 14,6452
- CAS DataBase Reference20702-77-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Propanone, 1-[4-[[2-O-(6-deoxy-.alpha.- L-mannopyranosyl)-.beta.- D-glucopyranosyl]oxy]-2,6- dihydroxyphenyl]-3-(3-hydroxy- 4-methoxyphenyl)-(20702-77-6)
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS LZ5785000
- HS Code 29389090
Neosperidin dihydrochalcone Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCrystal
- Chemical PropertiesNeohesperidin dihydrochalcone occurs as a white or yellowishwhite powder with an intensely sweet taste.
- UsesPreparation from Naringen, a flavanone glycoside occurring naturally in grapefruit. It is used as sweetening agent, especially in chewing gum and dentifrices.
- UsesSweetening agent, especially in chewing gum and dentifrices.
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the dihydrochalcones that is 3,2',4',6'-tetrahydroxy-4-methoxydihydrochalcone attached to a neohesperidosyl residue at position 4' via glycosidic linkage. It is found in sweet orange.
- Production MethodsNeohesperidin dihydrochalcone is synthesized commercially from either of the bitter-flavanones neohesperidin or naringin by catalytic hydrogenation under alkaline conditions in a process first described in the 1960s, in which neohesperidin is purified by recrystallization from water solutions.Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone is obtained by the alkaline hydrogenation of neohesperidin.
- General DescriptionOff-white crystals or powder. Insoluble in water.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileNeosperidin dihydrochalcone is a ether-alcohol derivative. The ether being relatively unreactive. Flammable and/or toxic gases are generated by the combination of alcohols with alkali metals, nitrides, and strong reducing agents. They react with oxoacids and carboxylic acids to form esters plus water. Oxidizing agents convert alcohols to aldehydes or ketones. Alcohols exhibit both weak acid and weak base behavior. They may initiate the polymerization of isocyanates and epoxides.
- Fire HazardThe flash point of Neosperidin dihydrochalcone has not been determined, but Neosperidin dihydrochalcone is probably combustible.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsNeohesperidin dihydrochalcone is a synthetic intense sweetening
agent approximately 1500–1800 times sweeter than sucrose and 20
times sweeter than saccharin. Structurally it is an analogue of
neohesperidin, a flavanone that occurs naturally in Seville oranges
(Citrus aurantium). Neohesperidin dihydrochalcone is used in
pharmaceutical and food applications as a sweetening agent and
flavor enhancer. The sweetness profile is characterized by a
lingering sweet/menthol-like aftertaste.The typical level used in
foods is 1–5 ppm although much higher levels may be used in
certain applications such as chewing gum. Synergistic effects occur
with other intense and bulk sweeteners such as acesulfame K,
aspartame, polyols, and saccharin.
In pharmaceutical applications, neohesperidin dihydrochalcone is useful in masking the unpleasant bitter taste of a number of drugs such as antacids, antibiotics, and vitamins. In antacid preparations, levels of 10–30 ppm result in improved palatability.
- SafetyNeohesperidin dihydrochalcone is accepted for use in food products
either as a sweetener or flavor modifier in a number of areas
including Europe, USA, Australia, New Zealand, and several
countries in Africa and Asia. It is also used in a number of oral
Animal toxicity studies suggest that neohesperidin dihydrochalcone is a nontoxic, nonteratogenic, and noncarcinogenic material at the levels used in foods and pharmaceuticals.In Europe, an acceptable daily intake of 0–5 mg/kg body-weight has been established.
- storageNeohesperidin dihydrochalcone is stable for over three years when
stored at room temperature.
Accelerated stability studies on aqueous solutions stored at 30–60°C and pH 1–7 for 140 days indicate that neohesperidin dihydrochalcone solutions are likely to be stable for 12 months at room temperature and pH 2–6.Solutions formulated with some or all of the water replaced by solvents with a lower dielectric constant are reported to have longer shelf-lives.
The bulk material should be stored in a cool, dry, place protected from light.
- Regulatory StatusGRAS listed. Accepted for use as a food additive in Europe.
Neosperidin dihydrochalcone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Paeoniflorin Diosgenin Quercetin dihydrate 4-(4-Methoxyphenyl)-2-butanone Phloretin 4-ethoxypropiophenone L-PICEIN Butyldiglycol 4'-O-METHYLDAVIDIGENIN NEOHESPERIDOSE .beta.-D-Glucopyranoside, 4-methylphenyl 3-(4-METHOXYPHENYL)PROPIOPHENONE 2'-Hydroxy-3-phenylpropiophenone Naringin dihydrochalcone 2',6'-DIHYDROXY-4,4'-DIMETHOXYDIHYDROCHALCONE 2',4'-DIHYDROXY-3-(P-METHOXYPHENYL)-PROPIOPHENONE 4'-METHOXY-3-(4-METHOXYPHENYL)PROPIOPHENONE Neosperidin dihydrochalcone
Neosperidin dihydrochalcone SupplierMore
- Company Name:Sichuan Benepure Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:028-86799990 86799914
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:86-21-50328103 * 801、802、803、804 Mobile:18930552037