Meclozine Chemical Properties
- Hazardous Substances Data569-65-3(Hazardous Substances Data)
Meclozine Usage And Synthesis
- UsesMeclizine actively affects the vomiting center and is used for vomiting and diarrhea. Synonyms of this drug are antivert, bonine, lamin, roclizin, and vertol.
- Manufacturing Process32.3 g of 1-p-chlorobenzhydryl-4-benzyl-piperazine, dissolved in 300 cm3 of alcohol are heated in an autoclave vessel, in the presence of Raney nickel, under a pressure of 100 kg H2, at about 150°C for 6 hours. The catalyst is filtered, the solvent is evaporated and the residue is fractionated under a high vacuum. p-Chlorobenzylhydryl-piperazine (BP 180° to 185°C/1 mm Hg) is isolated with a yield of 75%. Then finely ground NaNH2 is added. The mixture is heated under reflux for 1 hour, the mass is cooled and a molar equivalent of m-methyl benzyl chloride is added.
The solvent is evaporated and the residue is dissolved in chloroform. This solution is washed with a saturated solution of K2CO3 and dried on K2CO3. The solvent is evaporated and the residue is distilled under high vacuum. The product of the condensation distills near 230°C at 2 mm Hg pressure and the corresponding dihydrochloride melts at 217° to 224°C.
- brand nameAntivert (Pfizer);Ancoloxine;Bonamina;Bonamine;Calmonal;Chiclida;Cobinamide;Diadril;Dradril;Duremesan;Itinerol;Mecazine;Navicalm;Neo-istafenc;Neo-istafene;Peremesin;Postafene;Premesin;Rovert-m;Ru-vert-m;Sea-leg;Supermesin;Superminal;Suprimal;Taizerl;V-cline;Veritab;Vertizine;Vomaxine;Vomisseis.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntinauseant
- World Health Organization (WHO)Meclozine, an antihistamine with antiemetic activity, was introduced in 1953 for the treatment of nausea. The action taken in Indonesia in 1963 resulted from concern regarding its possible teratogenic potential. Subsequent epidemiological studies have been widely accepted, however, as dispelling this suspicion. Meclozine remains widely available in both prescription only and over-the-counter preparations and in some countries the licensed indications include management of nausea of pregnancy.
- Chemical SynthesisMeclizine, 1-[(4-chlorphenyl)methyl]-4-[(3-methylphenyl)phenyl]piperazine
(16.1.16), is synthesized by reductive amination of a mixture of 3-methylbenzaldehyde
with 1-(4-chlorbenzhydryl)piperazine using hydrogen over Raney nickel.
Meclozine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Methyl Meclozine dihydrochloride monohydrate,mecilizine hydrochloride Bensulfuron methyl Chlorodimethylphenylsilane 2-Chlorobenzaldehyde 2,4-Dichlorobenzyl chloride Thiophanate-methyl PHENYL VALERATE Methyl acrylate TriphenylMethyl chloride Methylparaben Kresoxim-methyl Benzyl chloride p-Dichlorobenzene IMP. A (EP): CHLORPHENAMINE (USP: CHLORPHENIRAMINE) HEXACHLOROBENZENE tert-Butylchlorodiphenylsilane Parathion-methyl
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:BOC Sciences
- Company Name:ChemStrong Scientific Co.,Ltd
- Tel:15920483169 0755-66853366-
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email