ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antiallergic drugs > Antihistamines > Chlorpheniramine maleate
Chlorpheniramine maleate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:130-135 °C(lit.)
- alpha -1～+1°(D/20℃)(c=5,DMF)
- Density 1.1984 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6800 (estimate)
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility Freely soluble in water, soluble in ethanol (96 per cent)
- form neat
- PH4.0～5.5 (10g/l, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 1-5 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- Merck 14,2180
- EPA Substance Registry SystemChlorpheniramine maleate (113-92-8)
Chlorpheniramine maleate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesAn antagonist of the histamine H1-receptor
- brand nameTrimeton (Schering-Plough); Teldrin (GlaxoSmithKline).
- General DescriptionChlorpheniraminemaleate, (±)2-[p-chloro-α-[2-dimethylamino)ethyl]benzyl]pyridine bimaleate (Chlor-Trimeton), is a white crystallinepowder that is soluble in water (1:3.4), in alcohol(1:10), and in chloroform (1:10). It has a pKa of 9.2, and anaqueous solution has a pH between 4 and 5. Chlorination ofpheniramine in the para position of the phenyl ring increasespotency 10-fold with no appreciable change in toxicity.Most of the antihistaminic activity resides with thedextro isomer (see under “Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate” ).The usual dose is 2 to 4 mg 3 or 4 times a day. It has a halflifeof 12 to 15 hours.
- General DescriptionOdorless white crystalline solid or white powder with a bitter taste. pH (2% aqueous solution) 5. pH (1% aqueous solution) 4-5.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileA halogenated amine, ester. Amines are chemical bases. They neutralize acids to form salts plus water. These acid-base reactions are exothermic. The amount of heat that is evolved per mole of amine in a neutralization is largely independent of the strength of the amine as a base. Amines may be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated by amines in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Chlorpheniramine maleate are not available; however, Chlorpheniramine maleate is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, intravenous, and subcutaneous routes. Experimental reproductive effects. Used as an antihistamine. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of Cland NOx.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsAntihistamines are used in veterinary medicine to reduce or help prevent histamine mediated adverse effects. Chlorpheniramine is one the more commonly used antihistamines in the cat for the treatment of pruritus. It may also be of benefit as a mild sedative in small animals due to its CNS depressant effects.
- Dosage forms4 to 6 mg PO q4–6h. Maximum daily dose is 24 mg for adults and children 12 years or older. Found frequently in combination with acetaminophen and pseudoephedrine.
Chlorpheniramine maleate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- HYDROGEN CYANIDE Chlorpheniramine-D6 Maleate Salt DEXCHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE CHLORPHENIRAMINE-D6 MALEATE (N,N-DIMETHYLAMINOETHYL-D-10) Disodium fumarate D/L-AMPHETAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE TRIS MALEATE hydrogen fluoride Chlorpheniramine maleate 3-Dimethylaminopropylamine DIPICRYLAMINE Maleic anhydride Hydrogen Chlorodimethylphenylsilane CHLORPHENIRAMINE Chlorophenyl Propane Polybutene
Chlorpheniramine maleate SupplierMore
- Company Name:Wuhai Shuou Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Guangzhou Belka Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Zhongxiang Yaowei Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13260682861 153-37241005-
- Company Name:Wuhan Biocar Bio-Pharm Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Biocar Pharmacy Co.，Ltd Gold