ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrocarbons and derivatives > Cyclic hydrocarbons > Hexafluoropropylene oxide
Hexafluoropropylene oxide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-129°C
- Boiling point:−42 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.67±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- CAS DataBase Reference428-59-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceOxirane, trifluoro(trifluoromethyl)-(428-59-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemOxirane, 2,2,3-trifluoro-3-(trifluoromethyl)- (428-59-1)
Hexafluoropropylene oxide Usage And Synthesis
- UsesHexafluoropropylene oxide is an important intermediate of organic fluorine material.HFPO is mainly used in the manufacture of high-quality fluorinated compounds.It is the main component of perfluor-vinyl ether(PPVE,PSVE,PFVE,PMVE) and the monomer of fluorinated surfactants and fluorinated ether oil.
- General DescriptionHexafluoropropylene oxide is a colorless odorless gas. Hexafluoropropylene oxide is shipped as a liquefied gas under its vapor pressure. Contact with the liquid can cause frostbite. Its vapors are heavier than air. Hexafluoropropylene oxide can cause asphyxiation by the displacement of air. Exposure of the container to prolonged heat or fire may cause Hexafluoropropylene oxide to rupture violently and rocket.
- Reactivity ProfileHexafluoropropylene oxide is a chlorinated epoxide. Epoxides are highly reactive. They polymerize in the presence of catalysts or when heated. These polymerization reactions can be violent. Compounds in this group react with acids, bases, and oxidizing and reducing agents. They react, possibly violently with water in the presence of acid and other catalysts.
- Health HazardVapors may cause dizziness or asphyxiation without warning. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
- Fire HazardSome may burn but none ignite readily. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
Hexafluoropropylene oxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsHexafluoroacetone
- 2,3,4,5,5,5-HEXAFLUORO-4-TRIFLUOROMETHYL-2-PENTENOYL FLUORIDE(HEXAFLUOROPROPYLENE OXIDE DIMER) HEXAFLUOROPROPYLENE OXIDE TETRAMER ACID FLUORIDE HEXAFLUOROPROPYLENE OXIDE DIMER HEXAFLUOROPROPYLENE OXIDE TRIMER 1,1,1,2,2,3-HEXAFLUOROPROPANE (Diethoxymethyl)diphenylphosphine oxide 3-FLUOROPROPAN-1-OL 1,3-DIFLUORO-2-PROPANOL 3,3,3-TRIFLUORO-1-PROPANOL 2-FLUOROPROPAN-1-OL 1,1-DIFLUORODIMETHYL ETHER BIS(FLUOROMETHYL)ETHER 1,1,1-TRIFLUORO-2-PROPANOL DIFLUOROMETHYL 2,2,2-TRIFLUOROETHYL ETHER Iron oxide Resin epoxy Trifluoromethyl Hexafluoropropylene oxide
- Company Name:Shangfluoro Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-