Sulfamide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:90-92 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.611 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- solubility water: soluble50mg/mL, clear, colorless to faintly yellow
- form Crystalline Powder, Free From Visible Impurities
- color White to practically white , free from visible impurities
- Water Solubility soluble
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- Merck 14,8922
- CAS DataBase Reference7803-58-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceSulfamide(7803-58-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSulfamide (7803-58-9)
Sulfamide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionSulfamide is a white solid substance that is normally produced by reacting sulfuryl chloride with ammonia. Sulfamide is stable under normal conditions and soluble in acetone and DMSO. Sulfamide may also refer to the functional group in organic chemistry, and it consists of at least one group attached to a nitrogen atom of sulfamide.
It is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and is widely used as a pharmaceutical intermediate.
Sulfamide is sensitive to moisture, thus should be kept away from water and humidity. It should also be stored away from oxidizing agents. Sulfamide should be kept in a tightly closed container and placed in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated condition.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesSimilar to urea in many of its reactions, but is more acidic, and can act as a dibasic acid.
- UsesA carbonic anhydrase inhibitor; used for treatment of cancer.
- UsesSulfamide and its derivatives can also be used to prepare fused thiadiazine systems, Reaction with 2-aminoacetophenones affords IH-2,1,3-benzothia- diazine 2,2-dioxides 77 (65JOC3960). The corresponding 3,4-dihydro deriv- atives are readily available from 2-aminobenzylamines with either sulfuryl chloride (70M1443) or sulfamide (66USP3278532; 71MI055). These kinds of compounds can also be obtained from N-aryl-N'-alkylsulfamides and s-trioxane in a reaction involving cyclization by intramolecular sulfamido- methylation (79JOC2032) (Scheme 30).
- DefinitionChEBI: The simplest of the sulfamic acids consisting of a single sulfur atom covalently bound by single bonds to two amino groups and by double bonds to two oxygen atoms.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise sulfamide from absolute EtOH. It decomposes at 250o. [Schenk in Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry (Ed. Brauer) Academic Press Vol I pp 482-483 1963.]
Sulfamide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4-(3'-Methylphenyl)amino-3-pyridinesulfonamide [3-[[[2-(DIAMINOMETHYLENEAMINO)-4-THIAZOLYL]METHYL]THIO]PROPIONYL]SULFAMIDE Famotidine N,N-DIMETHYL-N'-(2-MORPHOLINOETHYL)SULFAMIDE TOLYLFLUANID 3,5-DIMETHYL-2H-1,2,6-THIADIAZINE-1,1-DIONE 1,1'-Sulfonyldiimidazole 5-(2-THIENYL)-3-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-2H-1,2,6-THIADIAZINE-1,1-DIONE 3-METHYL-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-2H-1,2,6-THIADIAZINE-1,1-DIONE 2-[(dimethylsulfamoyl)amino]-3-methylbutanoic acid RARECHEM AQ A1 0064 (S,S)-(-)-N,N'-BIS(ALPHA-METHYLBENZYL)SULFAMIDE (R,R)-(+)-N,N'-BIS(ALPHA-METHYLBENZYL)SULFAMIDE Burgess reagent Bentazone N,N,N',N'-TETRAETHYLSULFAMIDE N-(2-([(DIMETHYLAMINO)SULFONYL]AMINO)ETHYL)-2,5-BIS(2,2,2-TRIFLUOROETHOXY)BENZENECARBOXAMIDE Sulfanilamide
- Company Name:Creasyn Finechem(Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Wuhan EnTai Technology Development Co,.Ltd
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801