Acetrizoic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:280-280.5 °C (decomp)
- Boiling point:547.1±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 2.5688 (estimate)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- solubility It is soluble in alcohol, slightly soluble in ether and water, very slightly soluble in chloroform and practically insoluble in benzene.
- color White power
- Water Solubility 1.28g/L(25 ºC)
- CAS DataBase Reference85-36-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference3-Acetamido-2,4,6-triiodobenzoic acid(85-36-9)
Acetrizoic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesAcetrizoic acid is an ionic monomeric contrast medium. It was first synthesized by Wallingford in 1953 and it was filled in the FDA by the Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, Cilag Chemie AG, on February 8th, 1978.Acetrizoic acid presents, in the FDA records, a category of drug substance with an inactive status.
- UsesRadiopaque agent: Acetrizoic acid (trade names Gastrografina, Urografina in Portugal) is a palatable lemon-flavored water-soluble iodinated radiopaque X-ray contrast medium for oral or rectal administration only. Acetrizoic acid is indicated for radiographic examination of segments of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, proximal small intestine, and colon). The preparation is particularly indicated when a more viscous agent such as barium sulfate, which is not water-soluble, is not feasible or is potentially dangerous. Administration of hypertonic Gastrografin solutions may lead to hypovolemia and hypotension due to fluid loss from the intestine.
- IndicationsAcetrizoic acid indication was to be used as a contrast agent for X-ray. Some information indicates its nephrotropic property as one of the characteristics for the utilization of acetrizoic acid.The X-ray imaging depends on the difference in tissue density which is provided by an X-ray attenuation between the area of interest and the surrounding tissue. The use of contrast agents will provoke a contrast enhancement or opacification and it will improve the differentiation of pathological processes from normal tissue.
- brand nameSalpix (Ortho-McNeil).
- Safety ProfileMildly toxic by ingestion andintravenous routes. When heated to decomposition it emitstoxic fumes of I- and NOx.
Acetrizoic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Lozomic acid disodium 3,3'-[(1,6-dioxo-1,6-hexanediyl)diimino]bis[2,4,6-triiodobenzoate] IODIPAMIDE methylglucamine metrizoate SODIUM DIATRIZOATE DIHYDRATE sodium metrizoate MEGLUMINE DIATRIZOATE Diatrizoate sodium 3-ACETAMINO-2,4,6-TRIIODOBENZOIC ACID ETHYL ESTER Acetrizoic acid (Diacetoxyiodo)benzene 1-Bromo-4-iodobenzene 4-Iodoanisole Ascoric Acid phosphoric acid 2,3,5-Triiodobenzoic acid Aceclofenac p-Acetylamino benzoic acid
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Haoyuan Chemexpress Co., Ltd.