ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Food Additives > Food flavorings > Artificial flavor > alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde
alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde Chemical Properties
- Melting point:80°C
- Boiling point:287-290 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.97 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 2061 | ALPHA-AMYLCINNAMALDEHYDE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
- color Pale-yellow oil or liquid
- Odorfloral jasmine odor
- JECFA Number685
- CAS DataBase Reference122-40-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceHeptanal, 2-(phenylmethylene)-(122-40-7)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-(Phenylmethylene)heptanal (122-40-7)
alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAmylcinnamic aldehyde is an oxidation product of amylcinnamic alcohol, one component of the "fragrance mix" and can be found as a sensitizer in cases of contact dermatitis in bakers.
- Chemical PropertiesLight yellow transparent liquid
- Chemical Propertiesalpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde has been identified
as an aroma volatile of black tea. It is a light yellow liquid with a floral, slightly
fatty odor, which becomes reminiscent of jasmine when diluted.The aldehyde is
relatively unstable and must be stabilized by antioxidants.
It is prepared from benzaldehyde and heptanal in the same way as cinnamaldehyde.
??-Amylcinnamaldehyde is a very popular fragrance substance for creating jasmine notes. It is stable to alkali and long-lasting; large quantities are used, particularly in soap perfumes.
- Chemical Propertiesα-Amylcinnamaldehyde has a distinct floral (jasmine, lily) note.
- OccurrenceReported found in black tea and soybean
- Usesamyl cinnamal is used as a fragrance. Although it is naturally occurring in some plants, it is most often synthetically derived when used in cosmetic products.
- UsesAmylcinnamaldehyde is a flavoring agent that is a yellow liquid with an odor similar to jasmine. It is insoluble in glycerin and propylene, soluble in fixed oils and mineral oil. It is obtained by chemical synthesis. It can be used alone or in combination with other flavoring substances or adjuvants. It is also termed amylcinnomaldehyde.
- UsesRaw material in the production of perfumes; some perfumery uses (tuberose; peach; cherry; Estee; honeysuckle Chevrefeuille) Cross: amylcinnamic alcohol. AMYL CINNAMAL
- PreparationBy condensation of n-amyl aldehyde with cinnamic aldehyde. This method of condensation of aromatic aldehydes with aliphatic aldehydes has the maximum yield in α-amylcinnamic aldehyde with little formation of the inferior homologs. The methyl, ethyl and propyl amylcinnamic aldehyde analogs exhibit a characteristic scent.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 40 ppm: sweet, floral, spice-like with cinnamic and waxy nuance
- Contact allergensa-Amyl-cinnamic aldehyde is an oxidation product of amylcinnamic alcohol, a sensitizing fragrance, and one component of the “fragrance mix.” It can also be a sensitizer in bakers. It has to be mentioned by name in cosmetics within the EU.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. A severe skin irritant. See also ALDEHYDES. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- MetabolismSo far as is known, all aromatic aldehydes are metabolized in the animal body by oxidation to the corresponding acids. In some instances, the aldehydes are excreted as glucuronides. Cinnamic aldehyde is oxidized to cinnamic acid which is then degraded to benzoic acid, but ethyl cinnamic aldehyde is oxidized to the corresponding acid and is not further metabolized(Williams, 1959).
alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde Preparation Products And Raw materials
- SALOR-INT L154822-1EA 3-(4-METHYLBENZYLIDENE)CAMPHOR TOSLAB 860370 TOSLAB 860369 alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde TERT-AMYL METHYL ETHER 1-Nonanal Paraldehyde Cyclopentanecarbaldehyde Diethylstilbestrol CYCLOPENTYLMAGNESIUM CHLORIDE Isoamyl nitrite 2-PROPENAL, 3-(4-METHYLPHENYL)-,(2E) 3-(4-ISOPROPYLPHENYL)ISOBUTYRALDEHYDE 2-Chlorophenyl cyclopentyl ketone alpha-Methylcinnamaldehyde α-Lipoic Acid
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86329057-