ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Aldehydes spices > Terpene aldehyde > alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde
alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:174-176 °C15 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.95 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 2569 | ALPHA-HEXYLCINNAMALDEHYDE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:200 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility water: soluble0.005g/L at 25°C
- JECFA Number686
- CAS DataBase Reference101-86-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceOctanal, 2-(phenylmethylene)-(101-86-0)
- EPA Substance Registry System.alpha.-Hexylcinnamaldehyde (101-86-0)
- Hazard Codes C,Xi
- Risk Statements 36/37/38-34-43-52/53
- Safety Statements 26-36/37/39-45-36-36/37-61
- RIDADR UN 3265 8/PG 3
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS GD6560000
- HS Code 29122990
- ToxicityThe acute oral LD50 value in rats was reported as 3.1 g/kg (2.45-3.75 g/kg) (Moreno, 1971). The acute dermal LD50 value in rabbits was reported as > 3 g/kg (Moreno, 1971).
alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde Usage And Synthesis
- Descriptionα-Hexylcinnamaldehyde has a jasmine-like odor, particularly on dilution. May be synthesized by condensation of octylaldehyde with benzaldehyde.
- Chemical PropertiesHexyl cinnamaldehyde has a jasmine-like odor, particularly on dilution.
- Chemical Propertiesalpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde is a yellow liquid with a mild, slightly fatty, floral, somewhat herbal odor, and a distinct jasmine note. Similarly to the ??-amyl homolog, ??-hexylcinnamaldehydemust be protected against oxidation by the addition of stabilizers. It is prepared in a manner similar to that of ??-amylcinnamaldehyde by alkaline condensation of excess benzaldehyde with octanal (instead of heptanal). ??-Hexylcinnamaldehyde is widely used in flower compositions (e.g., jasmine and gardenia) and, because of its stability to alkali, in soap perfumes.
- Chemical PropertiesPale-yellow liquid; jasminelike odor, particularly on dilution. Soluble in most fixed oils and in mineral oil; insoluble in glycerol and in propylene glycol.
- OccurrenceReported found in cooked, scented rice.
- Useshexyl cinnamal is also known as hexyl cinnamic aldehyde. It is a fragrance that provides a floral, jasmine-like scent.
- Usesα-Hexylcinnamaldehyde is characterized by a typical floral scent, which makes them suitable to be used as fragrances in personal care (perfumes, creams, shampoos, etc.) and household products. It has been also used as flavouring additive in food and pharmaceutical industry.
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of cinnamaldehydes carrying a hexyl substituent at the alpha-position.
- PreparationBy condensation of octylaldehyde with benzaldehyde
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 5 ppm: sweet, waxy, floral, green, citrus and fruity nuances
- Contact allergensHexyl cinnamic aldehyde is a fragrance allergen. Its presence has to be mentioned by name in cosmetics within the EU.
alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Salicylic acid Glycerol TOSLAB 864097 2-(E)-BENZYLIDENE-6-(TRIFLUOROACETYL)CYCLOHEXANONE TOSLAB 860368 TOSLAB 864122 RARECHEM AL BE 0138 TOSLAB 860367 RARECHEM AL BI 0138 TOSLAB 864130 BENZAL CAMPHOR Diethylstilbestrol Dicyclohexylamine 3-（trifluoromethyl) Cinnamaldehyde 4-(Dimethylamino)cinnamaldehyde alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde Dicyclohexylcarbodiimide Cassia Aurantium P.E Catechins 8% HPLC
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.