Hymexazol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:80°C
- Boiling point:185.54°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2992 (rough estimate)
- vapor pressure 0.182 Pa (25 °C)
- refractive index 1.4170 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Soluble in alcohol, acetone, THF, chloroform
- form Powder
- pka5.91 (weak acid)
- Water Solubility 65,100 mg l-1 (20 °C)
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- Merck 14,4856
- CAS DataBase Reference10004-44-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemHymexazol (10004-44-1)
- Hazard Codes Xn,Xi
- Risk Statements 22-41-52/53
- Safety Statements 26-39-61
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS NY2932000
- HS Code 29349990
- ToxicityLD50 in male, female mice, rats (mg/kg): 2148, 1968, 4678, 3909 orally; 1297, 1167, 1924, 1884 s.c.; 445, 514, >1000, >1000 i.v.; in rats, rabbits (mg/kg): >10000, >2000 dermally (Nakamura, 1978)
Hymexazol Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- UsesAgricultural fungicide and plant growth regulator.
- UsesHymexazol is used to control soil-borne diseases caused by Fusarium, Aphanomyces, Pythium, Corficium and Typhula spp. in rice, sugar beet, fodder beet, vegetables, cucurbits, ornamentals, carnations and forest tree seedlings. It is also used as a seed dressing and stimulates some plant growth.
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of isoxazoles carrying hydroxy and methyl substituents at positions 3 and 5 respectively. It is used worldwide as a systemic soil and seed fungicide for the control of diseases caused by Fusarium, Aphanomyces Pythium, and Corticium spp. in rice, sugarbeet, fodderbeet, vegetables, cucurbits, and ornamentals.
- Synthesis Reference(s)The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 48, p. 4307, 1983 DOI: 10.1021/jo00171a030
- Metabolic pathwayDegradation of hymexazol in soil gave acetoacetamide and the product of rearrangement, 5-methyl-2(3H)-oxazolone.H owever, in plants the fungicide was principally converted into its O- and N-glucoside conjugates in the roots and shoots. The two main metabolites of hymexazol found in the urine of rats were the O-glucuronide and sulfate conjugates.
- DegradationHymexazol is stable under alkaline conditions and relatively stable in acidic conditions. It is stable to sunlight and heat (PM). It should be noted that the parent molecule is tautomeric. Hymexazol is highly volatile and will be lost by volatilisation unless it is covered or incorporated into soil. The fungicide was completely biodegraded in natural water at 30 °C in 2 weeks and at 10-13 °C in 2 months (Rebenok and Kolesnikova, 1983). Hymexazol is stable in sunlight but it is readily degraded by ultraviolet light. Photolysis of an aqueous solution of the fungicide at 253.7 nm, using a low pressure Hg lamp, afforded the oxazolinone (2) as the major product and at least two unidentified minor components. The oxazolinone (2) has been found in soil studies as described below and is a product of rearrangement formed via an aziridinone intermediate as shown in Scheme 1 (Nakagawa et al., 1974).
Hymexazol Preparation Products And Raw materials
Mancozeb Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide Isoxazole 5-Methylisoxazole Hymexazol aqueous solution Hymexazol95%Tech,36%Ec Hymexazol+Metalaxyl,aqueous solution Isoprothiolane+Hymexazol,E.C. Hymexazol W.P. Hymexazol+Thiram,W.P. Hymexazol Aqueous solutions CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Methyl N-GLYCYLMUSCIMOL HYDROBROMIDE MUSCIMOL HYDRATE N-methylmuscimol IBOTENIC ACID Furazolidone
- Company Name:Hubei Shuangyan Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Hubei Hongxin Ruiyu Fine Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17771822910 027-65385071-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801