1,2-Benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one Chemical Properties
- Melting point:154-158 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:360°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.2170 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5500 (estimate)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Sealed in dry,Room Temperature
- solubility Soluble in dichloromethane, dimethyl sulfoxide, methanol.
- form neat
- CAS DataBase Reference2634-33-5
- EPA Substance Registry System1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (2634-33-5)
1,2-Benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBIT is an irritant and also a skin sensitizer. Occupational allergie contact dermatitis has been reported mainly related to the use of cutting oils and greases in paint manufacturers, pottery mouldmakers, acrylic emulsion manufacturers, plumbers, printers and lithoprinters, paper makers, an analyticallaboratory, a rubber factory, and in employees manufacturing air fresheners.
- Chemical PropertiesYellow Powder
- UsesAntimicrobial agent.
- UsesIsothiazolinone BIT is widely used in industry as a preservative in water-based solutions, such as pastes, paints and cutting oils. It exists at different concentrations in the different Proxel AB, GXL, CRL, XL2, XL, HL, TN, and in Mergal K-10.
- Usespreservative in cooling fluids, paints, adhesives paper and in the textile industry
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic heterobicyclic compound based on a fused 1,2-thiazole and benzene bicyclic ring skeleton, with the S atom positioned adjacent to one of the positions of ring fusion.
- Contact allergensBIT, both an irritant and a skin sensitizer, is widely used in industry as a preservative in water-based solutions such as pastes, paints, and cutting oils. Occupational dermatitis has been reported mainly due to cutting fluids and greases, in paint manufacturers, pottery moldmakers, acrylic emulsions manufacturers, plumber,printers and lithoprinters, paper makers, analytical laboratory, rubber factory, and employees manufacturing air fresheners. It is also a preservative in vinyl gloves.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors ofNOx and SOx.
- 2-amino-1,2-benzisothiazolin-3-one Diphenolic acid PROXELGXL AKOS 228-11 (1,1,3-TRIOXO-1,3-DIHYDRO-1LAMBDA6-BENZO[D]ISOTHIAZOL-2-YL)-ACETONITRILE N-METHYLSACCHARIN CALCIUM SACCHARIN HYDRATE RARECHEM AM UH 007B 6-Nitro-1,2-benzisothiazolin-3-one 1,1-dioxide AKOS 228-40 1,1-DIOXO-2-(2-OXO-PROPYL)-1,2-DIHYDRO-1LAMBDA*6*-BENZO[D]ISOTHIAZOL-3-ONE 4-(1,1-dioxido-3-oxo-1,2-benzisothiazol-2(3H)-yl)butanenitrile N-(2-NITROPHENYLTHIO)SACCHARIN, 95% N-HYDROXYMETHYLSACCHARIN AKOS 228-35 1,2-benzisothiazolin-3-one,1,1-dioxid ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAKIS(PROPOXYLATE-BLOCK-ETHOXYLATE) TETROL 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde
- Company Name:Shaoxing shangyu 3d chemical co. LTD Gold
- Tel:13606760018 0575-82733318
- Company Name:Shanghai He Huan Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13917602471 021-60345187
- Company Name:Yancheng hairun chemical international trade co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Jinan Trands Chemical Co. LTD Gold
- Tel:18888332244 0531-88770911-
- Company Name:NANJING SUNSHINE BIOTECH CO.,LTD Gold
- Tel:13814179829 25-86189929-