Zopiclone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:1780C
- Boiling point:580.7±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.1105 (estimate)
- Flash point:2℃
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility DMSO: 2 mg/mL
- pkapKa ﹣1.5±0.1(10% ACN in aq. H2SO4 t = 25.0) (Uncertain)
- CAS DataBase Reference43200-80-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceZopiclone(43200-80-2)
- Language:EnglishProvider:4-Methyl-1-piperazinecarboxylic acid 6-(5-chloro-2-pyridinyl)-6,7-dihydro-7-oxo-5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazin-5-yl ester
Zopiclone Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionZopiclone is an agonist at the type A γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor. It is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic which was first reviewed in Drugs in 1986 and it is indicated for short-term treatment of insomnia. Zopiclone has a relatively low propensity to cause residual clinical effects (such as difficulty in waking or reduced morning concentration).
- References Stuart Noble, Heather D. Langtry and Harriet M. Lamb, Drugs, 1998, vol. 55, 277-302
 G. Hajak, W. E. Müller, H. U. Wittchen, D. Pittrow, W. Kirch, Abuse and dependence potential for the non-benzodiazepine hypnotics zolpidem and zopiclone: a review of case reports and epidemiological data, Addiction, 2003, vol. 98, 1371-1378
- DescriptionZopiclone is an effective hypnotic agent with a short duration of action. Although it interacts with the benzodiazepine receptor complex, it is reported to have minimal effects on memory, little synergy with alcohol, and low abuse potential.
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- OriginatorRhone-Poulenc (France)
- UsesCyclopyrrolone member of a family of non-benzodiazepine GABAA receptor agonists. This is a controlled substance (depressant) in the US but not in Canada. Sedative, hypnotic
- Usesinhibits tyrosinase and prevents melanin formation used to whiten and lighten skin
- DefinitionChEBI: A pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazine compound having a 4-methylpiperazine-1-carboxyl group at the 5-position, a 5-chloropyridin-2-yl group at the 6-position and an oxo-substituent at the 7-position.
- brand nameIMOVANE
- World Health Organization (WHO)Zopiclone was introduced as a sedative in 1985. It remains registered in several countries and the World Health Organization is not aware of any other country that has refused registration.
Zopiclone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Trandolapril ZOPICLONE N-OXIDE,Zopiclone N-Oxide(Mixture of diastereomers) (S)-(+)-Zopiclone N-Oxid Zopiclone Thiophanate-methyl Methylparaben METHYL-2-PYRROLIDONE Bensulfuron methyl 1-Methyl-2-pyrrolidinone N-Aminoethylpiperazine Zopiclone (S)-,(S)-(+)-ZOPICLONE Methyl acrylate Pipracil Parathion-methyl Kresoxim-methyl Methyl Difluorochloromethane Polyvinylpyrrolidone