Eszopiclone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:202-204°C
- alpha D20 +135 ±3° (c = 1.0 in acetone)
- Boiling point:580.7±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.54±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- CAS DataBase Reference138729-47-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
Eszopiclone Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionApproved by the FDA in December 2004, Eszopiclone is a non-benzodiazepine drug with hypnotic and sedative activity which is effective for the treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulty falling asleep, difficulty maintaining sleep or awakening frequently during the night, waking up too early, an inability to fall back to sleep and awakening in the morning not feeling refreshed. Eszopiclone belongs to cyclopyrrolone and dextrorotatory stereoisomer of zopiclone, which was the first non-benzodiazepine approved for insomnia in over 20 years. However, Eszopiclone is a controlled pharmaceuticals. Long-term intake of this substance or any other sedative drug probably induces drug dependence. Patients may experience withdrawal symptoms if the drug is stopped abruptly.
- DescriptionEszopiclone is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic agent indicated for the treatment of insomnia to induce sleep and for sleep maintenance. It has similar pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters as the previously marketed non-benzodiazepine hypnotics zolpidem and zaleplon. However, unlike its predecessors, eszopiclone is not restricted to short-term treatment of insomnia. Clinical studies of up to 6 months of use show that patients do not develop tolerance to its effect. Eszopiclone is the (S)-enantiomer of zopiclone, which has been marketed as the racemic mixture in Europe for almost 20 years. These agents belong to the cyclopyrrolone class of drugs that act as agonists at the type A GABA receptor. Eszopiclone has approximately 50-fold higher binding affinity than its antipode (R)-zopiclone for GABA-A receptor (IC50=21 and 1130 nM, respectively). In addition, the two enantiomers exhibit significant differences in their pharmacokinetic parameters and in vivo efficacy. In healthy volunteers, eszopiclone has 2-fold higher Cmax and 2-fold greater elimination half-life than the (R)-enantiomer.The two most frequent adverse events associated with eszopiclone treatment are unpleasant taste and headache. Other less frequent side effects include somnolence, dry mouth, and nausea.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite To Pale Yellow
- OriginatorAventis (France)
- UsesEszopiclone is the active stereoizomer of Zopiclone and belongs to the class of drug known as cyclopyrrones. It is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent used as a treatment for insomnia. This is a controlled substance (depressant) in the US but not in Canada.
- DefinitionChEBI: The (5S)- (active) enantiomer of zopiclone. Unlike almost all other hypnotic sedatives, which are approved only for the relief of short-term (6-8 weeks) insomnia, eszopiclone is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for long-te m use.
- brand name(Pharmacia & Upjohn); Ortho-EST (Sun)Lunesta (Sepracor).
- Ozagrel SEP 174559 Hydrochloride RP 48497 (Eszopiclone Impurity C) Zolpidem tartrate NA Pyrrole ESZOPICLONE C-IV REF. STAND. ESZOPICLONE N-OXIDE ESZOPICLONE-D8 Zopiclone(Eszopiclone) 6-(5-Chloro-2-pyridyl)-6,7-dihydro-7-hydroxy-5H-pyrrolo[3,4-b]pyrazin-5-one Piperazine D8 N-METHYLPIPERAZINE-3,3,5,5-D4 Eszopiclone Eszopiclone N-Oxide N-DESMETHYL ZOPICLONE Zopiclone (S)-(+)-N-DESMETHYL ZOPICLONE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Wuhan Chemwish Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Suzhou Kaiyuan Minsheng Sci&Tech Corp. Ltd.
- Tel:13812635652 0512-62889106
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:LGM Pharma