ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Esters > Butyl Ester compounds > Isobutyl methacrylate
Isobutyl methacrylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-37 °C
- Boiling point:155 °C (lit.)
- Density 0.886 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor density 3.82 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 3.5 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:107 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless
- Water Solubility Soluble in water at 20°C, 2g/L
- BRN 1747595
- Stability:Light, heat and air sensitive. Polymerizes readily. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference97-86-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Propenoic acid, 2-methyl-, 2-methylpropyl ester(97-86-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemIsobutyl methacrylate (97-86-9)
Isobutyl methacrylate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiescolourless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesIsobutyl methacrylate is a colorless and moderately flammable liquid.
- UsesMonomer for acrylic resins.
- UsesIsobutyl methacrylate is primarily used as a monomer for acrylic resins .
- Production MethodsIsobutyl methacrylate is produced by the esterification or transesterification of isobutyl alcohol with either methacrylic acid or methyl methacrylate .
- General DescriptionIsobutyl methacrylate is a colorless liquid with a flash point of 120°F. When heated to high temperatures Isobutyl methacrylate may release acrid smoke and fumes. If Isobutyl methacrylate is subjected to heat for prolonged periods or becomes contaminated, Isobutyl methacrylate is subject to polymerization. If the polymerization takes place inside a container, the container may violently rupture. The vapors are heavier than air. Isobutyl methacrylate may be irritating to skin and eyes and produce a narcotic effect. Isobutyl methacrylate is used in making acrylic resins.
- Air & Water ReactionsFlammable. Isobutyl methacrylate is sensitive to heat, air and light.
- Reactivity ProfileIsobutyl methacrylate is an ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides. Isobutyl methacrylate polymerizes readily.
- HazardModerate fire risk.
- Health HazardMay be harmful if inhaled; may cause dizziness or suffocation. Irritating to skin and eyes. Harmful if swallowed.
Isobutyl methacrylate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethyl methacrylate Polymer of isobutyl methacrylate, glycol dimethacrylate and methyl methacrylate,Polymer of isobutyl methacrylate,glycol dimethacrylate and methyl methacrylate PHORBOL-12-TIGLIATE-13-DECANOATE 2-BUTYL-2-ETHYL-1,3-PROPANEDIOL DIMETHACRYLATE ISOBUTYL TIGLATE ITACONIC ACID DI(2-ETHYLHEXYL) ESTER 5-NORBORNENE-2-METHANOL METHACRYLATE D,L-MENTHYL METHACRYLATE Neopentanediol dimethacrylate 1,4-CYCLOHEXANEDIMETHYL 1,4-DIMETHACRYLATE NEO-PENTYL METHACRYLATE 2-ETHYLBUTYL METHACRYLATE AESCINE ISOBUTYL ANGELATE beta-Escin POLY(N-BUTYL METHACRYLATE) tert-Butyl methacrylate ISO-OCTYL METHACRYLATE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390