ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Insecticides > Other pesticides > Sulfluramid
Sulfluramid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:75-85°C
- Boiling point:120°C 0,5mm
- Density 1.1561
- vapor pressure 5.7 x l0-5 Pa (25 °C)
- refractive index 1.5327
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- pka9.5 (very weak acid)
- Water Solubility Insoluble (25 °C)
- form neat
- CAS DataBase Reference4151-50-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSulfluramid (4151-50-2)
Sulfluramid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesTan Powder
- UsesSulfluramid is an insecticide.
- UsesSulfluramid is used for the control of ants and roaches in households and of the red imported fire ant in wider situations.
- DefinitionChEBI: A sulfonamide obtained by the formal condensation of perfluorooctane-1-sulfonic acid with ethylamine.
- Agricultural UsesInsecticide, Acaricide, Termiticide: Used as ant, roach and termite trap bait. Not listed for use in EU countries. Actively registered for use in the U.S. According to the Fluoride Action Network, this chemical is not registered for use on food or crops and is scheduled to phased out by 2016.
- Trade nameFINITRON®; FIRSTLINE®; FLUORGUARD®; GX-071®; MICRO-GEN ANT REACTOR®; VOLCANO®
- Metabolic pathwaySulfluramid is a highly fluorinated sulfonamide which was introduced relatively recently for the control of ants and roaches. It is also used now for the control of the red imported fire ant (Solenupsis invicta). Its fate in rats has been studied but, due to its limited use pattern, there appears to be no information yet published on its environmental fate nor on its metabolism in plants. It is biotransformed by N-de-ethylation to an insecticidally active and toxic metabolite.
- DegradationSulfluramid is stable for more than 90 days at 50 °C and it is similarly stable in light under glass. Though a weak acid, it is highly lipophilic due to the perfluorooctyl group.
Sulfluramid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products
- Perfluorooctanesulfonamide Sulfanilamide p-Toluenesulfonamide Ethanol Potassium heptadecafluoro-1-octanesulfonate Ethyl formate Triflusulfuron-methyl Flutamide FLUMIOXAZIN Ethylparaben Ethyl cyanoacetate Fluazinam 1H,1H,2H,2H-Perfluoro-1-decanol ISOXADIFEN-ETHYL Diflufenican Flumetralin 3-Aminobenzenesulfonamide Ethyl acetate
- Company Name:Wuhan Kemi-Works Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-