ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > The polycyclic compound > PURPURIN
PURPURIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:253-256 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:359.45°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.659
- refractive index 1.4825 (estimate)
- Flash point:113 °C
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- form Powder
- Colour Index 58205
- color Brown-red to brown
- Water Solubility 6.405mg/L(25 ºC)
- Merck 14,7945
- BRN 1887127
- CAS DataBase Reference81-54-9
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPurpurin (81-54-9)
PURPURIN Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesbrown-red to brown powder
- Usesxanthin oxidase inhibitor, irritant
- UsesPurpurin is an anthraquinone derivative and is well known as a colour pigment derived from madder plants. Purpurin was extensively utilized in herbal remedies, in food colouring and dyes for cotton pr inting. Due to the high antioxidant activity exhibited by anthraquinone compounds, purpurin was determined through studies to possess potential radical scavenging effects. Purprin has also been shown to have inhibitory effects towards serine protease.
- UsesA xanthine oxidase inhibitor.
- UsesPurpurin is a naturally occurring reddish-yellow pigment found in madder root (R. tinctorum) that has been used both in herbal remedies and as food coloring. It can also by synthetically derived from 9,10-anthraquinone. Purpurin is protective against a number of food-derived heterocyclic amines in bacterial mutagenicity assays through its inhibition of CYP450-dependent N-hydroxylation and reduction of N-hydroxylamines. Purpurine can also inhibit (IC50 = 6.6 μM) spermidine-induced autoactivation of plasma hyaluronan-binding protein, a serine protease that can activate coagulation factor VII and prourokinase.
- DefinitionChEBI: A trihydroxyanthraquinone derived from anthracene by substitution with oxo groups at C-9 and C-10 and with hydroxy groups at C-1, C-2 and C-4.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise purpurin from aqueous EtOH, dry it at 100o. [Beilstein 8 IV 3568.]
- LITHIUMCARMINE CARMINE MAGNESIUM CARMINE BORAXCARMINE LACCAIC ACID C CI 58610 SODIUMCARMINE LACCAIC ACID B PURPURIN SULFONATE PURPURIN ANTHRACENE BLUE SWR ALIZARIN CYANINE 2R 3,5,6,8-TETRAHYDROXY-1-METHYL-9,10-DIOXO-7-((2S,3S,4S,5R,6S)-3,4,5-TRIHYDROXY-6-HYDROXYMETHYL-TETRAHYDRO-PYRAN-2-YL)-9,10-DIHYDRO-ANTHRACENE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID LITHIONCARMINE AMMONIUM CARMINATE ALIZARIN CYANIN Carminic Acid LACCAIC ACID A
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-