ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > polymer > Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer
Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer
Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer Chemical Properties
- Melting point:75 °C
- Boiling point:<200 °C
- Density 0.948 g/mL at 25 °C
- Flash point:260 °C
- solubility toluene, THF, and MEK: soluble
- form pellets
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, bases.
- CAS DataBase Reference24937-78-8
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthylene vinyl acetate polymer (24937-78-8)
Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiessolid
- Chemical PropertiesEthylene vinyl acetate is available as white waxy solids in pellet or powder form. Films are translucent.
- UsesFlexible tubing, color concentrates, gaskets and molded parts for autos, plastic lenses and pumps.
- DefinitionAn elastomer used to improve adhesion properties of hot-melt and pressure-sensitive adhesives, as well as for conversion coatings and thermoplastics.
- Production MethodsVarious molecular weights of random ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers can be obtained by high-pressure radical polymerization, bulk continuous polymerization, or solution polymerization.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsEthylene vinyl acetate copolymers are used as membranes and backings in laminated transdermal drug delivery systems. They can also be incorporated as components in backings in transdermal systems. Ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers have been shown to be an effective matrix and membrane for the controlled delivery of atenolol triprolidine, and furosemide. The system for the controlled release of atenolol can be further developed using ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers and plasticizers.
- SafetyEthylene vinyl acetate is mainly used in topical pharmaceutical applications as a membrane or film backing. Generally it is regarded as a relatively nontoxic and nonirritant excipient.
- storageEthylene vinyl acetate copolymers are stable under normal conditions and should be stored in a cool, dry place. Films of ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers should be stored at 0–30°C and less than 75% relative humidity.
- IncompatibilitiesEthylene vinyl acetate is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and bases.
- Regulatory StatusIncluded in the FDA Inactive Ingredients Database (intrauterine suppository; ophthalmic preparations; periodontal film; transdermal film). Included in nonparenteral medicines licensed in the UK.
Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsVinyl acetate
- Ethylene glycol 1,2-Dibromoethane Vinyl acetate Poly(1-vinylpyrrolidone-co-vinyl acetate) Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer Ethylenediamine ETHYLENE OXIDE POLY(VINYL CHLORIDE-CO-VINYL ACETATE) Ethylene carbonate ETHYLENE ethylene vinyl acetate thermoplastic copolymer powder paint (I) ethylene vinyl acetate thermoplastic copolymer powder paint (II) EVA not-melt adhesive EVA Wax ETHYLENE DIACRYLATE POLYVINYL ACEATE ACETATE POLY(PROPYLENE-CO-ETHYLENE)
Ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymerSupplierMore
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Tianjin heowns Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400 638 7771
- Company Name:ShangHai YuanYe Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15800763013 021-61312847-