ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Pharmaceutical intermediates > Heterocyclic compound > Piperazine compounds > PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE
PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE Chemical Properties
PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE Usage And Synthesis
- UsesIt is used as a one day wormer, either in water or feed, for the control of Round worms in poultry, swine, and horses. It also controls nodular worms in swine, and small strongyles in horses.
- General DescriptionWhite to cream-colored needles or powder. Mp: 318-20°C (with decomposition).
- Reactivity ProfilePIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE is incompatible with the following: Water, HEAT, flames, oxidizers. PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE absorbs moisture from air. PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE may create flammable condition upon contact with HEAT, FLAMES and OXIDIZERS.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intraperitoneal route. Mildly toxic by ingestion. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx and HCl. Used in making fiber, pharmaceuticals, and insecticides. See also PIPERAZINE.
- Potential ExposureAgricultural chemical, Suspected reprotoxic hazard. Piperazine is used to manufacture anthelmintics, antifilarials, antihistamines, and tranquilizers; the dihydrochloride is used in the manufacture of fibers, pharmaceuticals and insecticides. They are used as an intermediate in the manufacture of, pesticides, rubber chemicals and fibers. Also, piperazine is widely available, effective, and safe when used on an occasional basis against ascaride infections. It is also considerably cheaper than other anthelminthic drugs. In some countries where ascariasis is not endemic and where piperazine was used predominantly for the treatment of pinworn, it has been withdrawn from use on the grounds that other effective drugs are now available. Clinical dosages occasionally induce transient neurological signs and, in some circumstances, the drug may generate small amounts of nitrosamine in the stomach, which at considerably greater dosage in experimental animals has been demonstrated to have a carcinogenic potential.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the salt from aqueous EtOH and dry it at 110o. [Beilstein 23 III/IV 17, 23/1 V 30.]
- IncompatibilitiesAqueous solution is a strong base. Violent reaction with strong oxidizers and dicyanofurazan. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides, nitrogen compounds, carbon tetrachloride. Attacks aluminum, copper, nickel, magnesium and zinc.
PIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1-(3-Chlorophenyl)piperazine dihydrochloride 97% Hoechst 33342 1-(3,4-Dichlorophenyl)piperazine 1-BUTYLPIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE Trifluoperazine dihydrochloride 2-(4-SULFAMYLPHENYL)-6-(6-[4-METHYLPIPERAZINO]-2-BENZIMIDAZOLYL)BENZIMIDAZOLE TRIHYDROCHLORIDE 1-(4-Methoxyphenyl)piperazine 2-(1-Piperazinyl)pyrimidine 2-[2-[4-[(4-chlorophenyl)phenylmethyl]piperazin-1-yl]ethoxy]ethanol hydrochloride Pirenzepine 4-[(4-CHLOROPHENYL)PHENYLMETHYL]-1-PIPERAZINEETHANOL DIHYDROCHLORIDE H-7 DIHYDROCHLORIDE Hydroxyzine dihydrochloride 1-(4-Chlorophenyl)piperazine dihydrochloride PIPERAZINE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID 1-PHENYLPIPERAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE 1-(m-Methoxyphenyl)-piperazine dihydrochloride 1-propylpiperazine dihydrochloride
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Sichuan Guanghan Bio-Tech Co., Ltd