Polyethylene Glycol Monocetyl Ether
- Melting point:41-49 °C
- Boiling point:35.4-39.6 °C
- Density 0.978 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 0.26 psi ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. -20°C
- form Pellets
- color White
- Specific Gravity0.978
- BRN 6450627
- Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)15.7
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference9004-95-9
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPolyethylene glycol monocetyl ether (9004-95-9)
Polyethylene Glycol Monocetyl Ether(Cetomacrogol 1000) is off-white waxy solid. Polyethylene Glycol Monocetyl Ether is the tradename for polyethylene glycol hexadecyl ether , which is nonionic surfactant produced by the ethoxylation of cetyl alcohol to give a material with the general formula HO(C2H4O)nC16H33. Several grades of this material are available depending of the level of ethoxylation performed, with repeat units (n) of polyethylene glycol varying between 2 and 20. Commercially it can be known as Brij 58 (when n=20) or Brij 56 (when n=10).
Polyethylene glycol hexadecyl ether is used as a surface active agent in cosmetics. Polyethylene glycol hexadecyl ether is a compound of derivatives of cetyl, lauryl, stearyl, and oleyl alcohols mixed with ethylene oxide.Non-ionic surfactant of the polyethylene glycol family. Polyethylene glycol hexadecyl ether is used as a solubilizer and emulsifying agent in foods, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals, often as an ointment base, and also as a research tool. Polyethylene glycol hexadecyl ether is used as an oil in water (O/W) emulsifier for creams/lotions, and a wetting agent.
- Chemical Propertiesoff-white waxy solid
- UsesPolyethylene glycol hexadecyl ether, or Brij 58, has been used in a study to assess properties of gemini-conventional surfactant mixtures and their effects on solubilization of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. It has also been used in a study to investigate RNase-sensitive constraint of bacterial nucleoid structure.
- Usesceteth is used as a surface active agent in cosmetics. It is a compound of derivatives of cetyl, lauryl, stearyl, and oleyl alcohols mixed with ethylene oxide.
- Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Cupric acetylacetonate COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE BENZYL ISOCYANIDE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE MYRJ 53 Polyethylene Glycol Monocetyl Ether Ferric acetylacetonate N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE PHENYLSELENOL COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE Aluminum acetylacetonate Tosylmethyl isocyanide TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Ethyl isocyanoacetate
- Company Name:Nantong Haitian Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86311057-