Disperse Yellow 3
Disperse Yellow 3 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:268-270 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:412.44°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1385 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5600 (estimate)
- form neat
- Colour Index 11855
- color Brownish-yellow powder
- Water Solubility 32.32ug/L(25 ºC)
- BRN 1915225
- CAS DataBase Reference2832-40-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDisperse yellow 3,ci 11855(2832-40-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Disperse Yellow 3 (2832-40-8)
Disperse Yellow 3 Usage And Synthesis
- DefinitionChEBI: An azo dye with a structure consisting of acetanilide substituted on the 4-position of the phenyl group with a 6-hydroxy-m-tolylazo group.
- General DescriptionBrownish-yellow powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsAzo dyes can be explosive when suspended in air at certain concentrations. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileDisperse Yellow 3 is an azo compound. Azo, diazo, azido compounds can detonate. This applies in particular to organic azides that have been sensitized by the addition of metal salts or strong acids. Toxic gases are formed by mixing materials of this class with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. Flammable gases are formed by mixing materials in this group with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides. Disperse Yellow 3 is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and strong acids .
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Disperse Yellow 3 are not available; however, Disperse Yellow 3 is probably combustible.
- Contact allergensThis azoic dye is responsible for textile dermatitis from stockings and occupational contact dermatitis in workers in the textile industry. It can be found in some semipermanent hair dyes.
- Safety ProfileSuspected carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic and carcinogenic data. Low toxicity by intraperitoneal route. An allergen. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx,.
- 4-AMINOAZOBENZENE N-ETHYL-4-AMINOAZOBENZENE 4'-Aminoacetanilide Disperse Yellow 3 N,N-Dimethylacetamide Phenylhydrazine Phosphorus 2-HYDROXYACETAMIDE Methyltriphenylphosphonium bromide Dichloromethylphenylsilane DISPERSE DYES Acetamide DISPERSING AGENTS Cefaclor Dispensible Tablet CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III 4-[4-(PHENYLAZO)PHENYLAZO]-O-CRESOL PHENYL VALERATE Trimethylphenylammonium chloride
Disperse Yellow 3SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Winchem Industrial Co. Ltd
- Company Name:Chengdu Ai Keda Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:4008-755-333 028-85911938-
- Company Name:Shanghai JONLN Reagent Co., Ltd.