ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antiseptics & Disinfectants Drugs > Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate
Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate
Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate Chemical Properties
- Density 1.815
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium tetraborate pentahydrate (12179-04-3)
Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- UsesUsed in large amounts in making insulating fi berglass and sodium perborate bleach.
- Chemical PropertiesBorax is a noncombustible (an inherent fire retardant), bluish-gray or green, odorless crystalline powder or granules.
- General DescriptionWhite odorless crystals or free-flowing powder. Density: 1.82 g cm-3. Soluble in water (38 g / L H2O at 20°C). Used in the manufacture of fiberglass insulation and sodium perborate bleach.
- Reactivity ProfileSodium tetraborate pentahydrate is non-combustible. Dissolves somewhat exothermically in water to give basic solutions. Of generally low chemical reactivity. When heated in a closed tube, starts to melt in its own water of crystallization at 128°C and becomes fluid at 140°C. When heated in the open, loses water of crystallization and then melts at 742°C.
- HazardA severe eye irritant.
- Potential ExposureBorax is used as a soldering flux, preservative against wood fungus; and as an antiseptic. Used in ant poisons, for fly control around refuse and manure piles, as a larvicide. It is used in the manufacture of enamels and glazes, fiberglass insulation; sodium perborate bleach; in tanning, cleaning compounds; for fireproofing fabrics and wood; and in artificial aging of wood.
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9—Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- IncompatibilitiesDissolves in water forming a basic solution. Boron dust may form explosive mixture with air. Contact with strong oxidizers may be violent. Boron is incompatible with ammonia, bromine tetrafluoride, cesium carbide, chlorine, fluorine, interhalogens, iodic acid, lead dioxide, nitric acid, nitric oxide, nitrosyl fluoride, nitrous oxide, potassium nitrite, rubidium carbide, silver fluoride.
- Waste DisposalBorax, dehydrated: The material is diluted to the recommended provisional limit (0.10 mg/L) in water. The pH is adjusted to between 6.5 and 9.1 and then the material can be discharged into sewers or natural streams.
Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsTincalconite (B4Na2O7.5H2O)
- native borax BORAX CARMIN SOLUTION ACCORDING TO GRENACHER BORAX DECAHYDRATED sodium Sodium bicarbonate Sodium chloride Tincalconite (B4Na2O7.5H2O) STANDARD BUFFER SODIUM METASILICATE PENTAHYDRATE Sodium benzoate Sodium sulfate Diclofenac sodium Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate Copper sulfate pentahydrate BORIC ACID,BORAX TETRABORIC ACID Ammonium borate trihydrate Sodium tetraborate decahydrate
Sodium tetraborate pentahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Cheng Du Micxy Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Beijing Universal Century Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd
- Tel:13458535857 400-1166-196