ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Pharmaceutical Impurity Reference Standards > Prostaglandin F2a tris salt
Prostaglandin F2a tris salt
Prostaglandin F2a tris salt Chemical Properties
- Melting point:100-101°
- storage temp. -20°C
- solubility H2O: 1 mg/mL Aqueous solutions are stable for 30 days at 2-8°C and for several months frozen at −0°C in single use aliquots. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- form powder
- color white
- Merck 13,7970
- BRN 4087514
Prostaglandin F2a tris salt Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorProstin F2A,Upjohn,UK,1972
- UsesOne of the most biologically studied of the primary prostaglandins. Closely related to Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in that both prostaglandins are biosynthesized from the same precursors and that PGF2 is the synthetic reduction product of PGE2. Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a key enzyme for biosynthesis of PGF2α. Oxytocic; abortifacient.
- Manufacturing ProcessA solution of tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane (1.645 grams) in 3.0 ml of
water at 60°C is added with vigorous stirring to a solution of PGF2α, (5.00
grams) in 700 ml of acetonitrile which has just been
ought to its boiling point. The vessel which contained the aqueous amine solution is rinsed with three 0.66 ml portions of water, each rinsing being added with vigorous stirring to the acetonitrile solution. The mixture is then cooled to 25°C by immersion of the vessel in cool water. At the cloud point, the vessel wall (glass) below the liquid surface is scratched vigorously with a glass rod. The mixture is then maintained at 25°C for 24 hours.
The resulting crystals are collected by filtration under nitrogen, washed on the filter with 50 ml of acetonitrile, and then dried by passing nitrogen at 50°C through the filter cake for one hour. Drying is completed in an oven at 70°C for 8 hours to give 5.965 grams of the tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane salt of PGF2α in free flowing crystalline form; MP 100°-101°C.
- brand nameProstin F2 Alpha (Pharmacia & Upjohn).
- Therapeutic FunctionSmooth muscle stimulant
- Safety ProfilePoison by intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, intravenous, and intramuscular routes. Moderately toxic by ingestion. Human reproductive effects by intervagmal route: terminates pregnancy, effects on fertility. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also other prostaglandin entries.
- Carboprost tromethamine 9ALPHA, 11ALPHA, 15S-TRIHYDROXY-PROSTA-5Z, 13E-DIEN-1-OIC ACID, ISOPROPYL ESTER 16,16-DIMETHYL PROSTAGLANDIN F2ALPHA 15(S)-15-Methyl prostaglandin 19(R)-HYDROXY PROSTAGLANDIN F2ALPHA 9ALPHA-11ALPHA, 15S-TRIHYDROXY-PROSTA-5Z, 13E-DIEN-1-OIC-3,3,4,4-D4 ACID PROSTAGLANDINS F2ALPHA METHYL ESTER 20-HYDROXY PROSTAGLANDIN F2ALPHA PROSTAGLANDIN H2 Prostaglandin F2a tris salt Prostaglandin E2 BUFFER SOLUTION PH = 6,00 (20 °C) (POTASSIUM DIHYDROGEN PHOSPHATE/SODIUM HYDROXIDE) Fosfomycin tromethamine Ketorolac tromethamine Dienogestrel Dexketoprofen trometamol Prostaglandin F2a TRISTEARIN
Prostaglandin F2a tris saltSupplierMore
- Company Name:Taizhou KEDE Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemvon Biotechnology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:LGM Pharma