ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antineoplastic agents > Natural sources of antineoplastic > Rubitecan
Rubitecan Chemical Properties
- Melting point:182-186°C
- alpha D23 +27° (c = 0.2 in CH3OH-CHCl3, 1:4)
- Boiling point:816.3±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.63
- Flash point:106℃
- storage temp. Room temp
- Merck 14,8288
- CAS DataBase Reference91421-42-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS UQ0493300
- HS Code 29399990
Rubitecan Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionRubitecan, marketed by Supergen as Orathecin, is a promising oral treatment for solid melanoma, prostate, breast, ovarian, and other cancers, as well as leukemia. It is a derivative of camptothecin, a topoisomerase inhibitor known from Chinese Traditional Medicine. It selectively targets the critical S-stage of cellular reproduction – particularly in acidic environments, as in many cancer cells – relaxing DNA supercoiling and generating lethal breaks in the DNA. Due to insolubility, its biological delivery mechanism is not yet effective, and it has not been approved for clinical use.
- Chemical PropertiesYellow Amorphous Powder
- UsesSemisynthetic camptothecin which inhibits DNA topoisomerase I. Prodrug of 9-aminocamptothecin. Antineoplastic
- DefinitionChEBI: A pyranoindolizinoquinoline that is camptothecin in which the hydrogen at position 9 has been replaced by a nitro group. It is a prodrug for 9-aminocamptothecin.
- Company Name:Shanghai Xiyao Medical Technology Co., LTD Gold
- Tel:18017206244 021-61656503-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:SiChuang NanBu Honesty Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15883665058 0838-5675166
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-