ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical pesticides > Germicide > Substituted benzene fungicide > Sodium 2-biphenylate
Sodium 2-biphenylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:59°C
- Boiling point:286°C
- Density 1,213 g/cm3
- form Liquid
- pka9.9 (acid)
- Water Solubility 1220 g kg-1 (35 °C)
- color Yellow
- Merck 14,7304
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference132-27-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- IARC2B (Vol. Sup 7, 73) 1999
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium o-phenylphenoxide (132-27-4)
Sodium 2-biphenylate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieslight brown or beige solid
- UsesAntimicrobial additive in the manufacture of adhesives, leather, metalworking fluids, and textiles; preservative in automotive polishes, ceramic glazes, laundry starch, inks, floor wax emulsions; agricultural fungicide.
- General DescriptionBeige flaky solid. pH of saturated solution in water: 12.0-13.5.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in water, yielding solutions with pHs of 12.0-13.5.
- Reactivity ProfileSalts, basic, such as Sodium 2-biphenylate are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydroxide ions and have pH's greater than 7.0. They react as bases to neutralize acids. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of the bases in reactivity group 10 (Bases) and the neutralization of amines. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible.
- HazardPossible carcinogen.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Sodium 2-biphenylate are not available, but Sodium 2-biphenylate is probably combustible.
- Safety ProfileSuspected carcinogen withexperimental carcinogenic, neoplastigenic, andtumorigenic data. Moderately toxic by ingestion.Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. Ahuman skin irritant. A severe skin irritant to experimentalanimals. When heated
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the salt from acetone and dry it under vacuum at room temperature. [Beilstein 16 IV 4600.]
Sodium 2-biphenylate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2-Nitrophenol Sodium 2-nitrophenoxide Sodium acetate Sodium bicarbonate sodium 2-Aminophenol Sodium benzoate p-Cresol Diclofenac sodium Sodium citrate Sodium hydroxide SODIUM PHENOLATE TRIHYDRATE Sodium sulfate 2-Methoxyphenylacetic acid Sodium chlorite Sodium 2-biphenylate 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT Guaiacol
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.