ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Carboxylic acids and derivatives > Carboxylic acid esters and derivatives > Abiraterone acetate
Abiraterone acetate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:127-130°C
- Boiling point:506.7±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.14±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- form powder
- color white to beige
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS BV7992100
- HS Code 2937290000
Abiraterone acetate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionIn April 2011, the United States FDA approved abiraterone acetate (CB7630) in combination with the steroid prednisone for the treatment of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) for patients who were previously treated with a docetaxel containing regimen for late-stage disease. Abiraterone acetate affects prostate, testicular, and adrenal androgens by irreversibly inhibiting both the lyase and hydroxylase activity of cytochrome P450 17A (CYP17) signaling pathways (IC50's of 2.9 and 4 nM, respectively) thereby decreasing testosterone levels.Most common serious adverse events for abiraterone acetate versus placebo included fluid retention (30.5% vs. 22.3%), hypokalemia (17.1% vs. 8.4%), hypertension (9.7% vs. 7.9%), hepatic transaminase abnormalities (10.4% vs. 8.1%), and cardiac abnormalities (13.3% vs. 10.4%).
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- OriginatorInstitute of Cancer Research, London (United Kingdom)
- UsesA novel steroidal inhibitor of human Cytochrome P450(17a-Hydroxylase-C17,20-lyase): potential agent for the treatment of prostatic cancer.
- UsesAbiraterone acetate is a novel steroidal inhibitor of human Cytochrome P450 (17α-Hydroxylase-C17,20-lyase): potential agent for the treatment of prostatic cancer.
- UsesA steroidal inhibitor of CYP17A1 in androgen biosynthesis
- DefinitionChEBI: A sterol ester obtained by formal condensation of the 3-hydroxy group of abiraterone with the carboxy group of acetic acid. A prodrug that is converted in vivo to abiraterone. Used for treatment of metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cance .
- brand nameZytiga
- ETOFIBRATE Ceritinib Enzalutamide Ibrutinib Docetaxel Ruxolitinib Olaparib Abiraterone Related Compound 8 Abiraterone mesylate ABiraterone impurity 15 Abiraterone Acetate Dimer Impurity (3β)-Androsta-5,16-diene-3,17-diol 3-Acetate 17-(Trifluoromethanesulfonate) DIETHYL(3-PYRIDYL)BORANE Abiraterone Sulfate Sodium Salt Abiraterone Impurity 4 Abiraterone Ethyl Ether Dehydroepiandrosterone acetate Abiraterone
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Biocause Pharmaceutical Development Co., Ltd.. Gold
- Company Name:Lihe Wuhan New Chemical Materials Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Jinan Yuantai Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18560053868 0531-69959492-
- Company Name:Nanjing Wedo Pharm Tech Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13151579109 025-52455077-