GUAIENE Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:277.87°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.8895 (estimate)
- refractive index 1.5000 (estimate)
- JECFA Number1347
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAzulene, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydro-1,4-dimethyl-7-(1-methylethylidene)-, (1S,4S)- (88-84-6)
GUAIENE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionGuaiene has very little odor and a delicate, woody flavor. It is usually prepared by dehydrating guaiol with KHS04. This bicyclic sesquiterpene may be found naturally in patchouli oil and other essential oils in small quantities.
- Chemical PropertiesGuaiene has earthy and spicy aroma and a delicate, woody favor.
- OccurrenceGuaiene is a bicyclic sesquiterpene found naturally in patchouli oil and other essential oils in small quantities Reported found in lime peel oil, peppermint oil, calamus, lovage root, seed and leaf and mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L )
- PreparationUsually prepared by dehydrating guaiol with KHSO4.
- D-Glucurone (-)-1,10-Epoxy-guaia-11-ene α-guaiene,guaia-1(5),11-diene,[1S-(1a,4a,7a)]-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydro-1,4-dimethyl-7-(1-methylethenyl)-azulene delta-Guaiene 2,3-DIMETHYLNAPHTHALENE GUAIENE 1-ETHYL-2-METHYLCYCLOPENTENE 1-BUTYLCYCLOPENTENE CIS-2,5-DIMETHYL-3-HEXENE 1,2,3-TRIMETHYLCYCLOPENTENE 1,2-DIMETHYLCYCLOPENTENE 1-ISO-PROPYLCYCLOPENTENE 2,3-DIMETHYL-2-OCTENE 1,5-DIMETHYLCYCLOPENTENE 3,5-DIMETHYL-3-HEPTENE CYCLOHEPTENE
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:cjbscvictory