ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Lipid regulating drugs > Beclobrate
Beclobrate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:bp0.01-0.1 200-204°
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- ToxicityLD50 orally in mice: 8000 mg/kg (Thiele, 1979)
Beclobrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBeclobrate is a hypolipidemic agent related structurally to clofibrate. It is reportedly useful in types IIa-V hyperlipoproteinemias, promoting normalization of t h e atherogenic index.
- OriginatorSiegfried AG (Switzerland)
- Manufacturing Process87.0 g (0.4 mol) of 4-chloro-4'-hydroxydiphenylmethane are heated together with 27.0 g (0.2 mol) of anhydrous potassium carbonate in 350 ml of anhydrous xylene for 30 min to reflux temperature, whereafter a solution of 83.5 g (0.4 mol) of 2-bromo-2-ethyl-2-methyl acetic acid ethyl ester in 50 ml of anhydrous xylene is added. The mixture is kept for 24 hours and with vigorous stirring at reflux temperature. After filtering off the precipitated potassium bromide and evaporating the solvent in a Buchi rotary evaporator, the residue is taken up in ether and extracted with normal sodium hydroxide solution. The ether extracts are washed with water, dried over MgSO4 and concentrated by evaporation. The brown oil (82.0 g) thereby obtained is dissolved in n-hexane and filtered through a column of 200 g of basic Al2O3. After evaporating the solvent and distillation at reduced pressure, 34.7 g of pure ethyl (+/-)-2-((α-(p-chlorophenyl)-p-tolyl)oxy)-2-methylbutyrate are obtained with the boiling point 200-204°C/0.01-0.1 mm Hg.
- brand nameBECLOSCLERIN
- Therapeutic FunctionAntihyperlipidemic
- World Health Organization (WHO)Beclobrate, an antihyperlipidaemic agent, was introduced into medicine in 1985. Although a causal relationship between the use of the drug and hepatic toxicity has not been established, the Intercantonal Office for the Control of Medicines has withdrawn marketing authorization since safer therapeutic alternatives are available. Beclobrate is not registered elsewhere.
Beclobrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Hangzhou Sage Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:SPIRO PHARMA
- Company Name:ATK CHEMICAL COMPANY LIMITED
- Tel:13301690235 021-5161-9050
- Company Name:Angel Pharmatech, Ltd.
- Company Name:Dideu Industries Group Limited