Bromine chloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-66℃ [HAW93]
- Boiling point:decomposes evolving Cl2 at 10℃ [HAW93]
- Density 5.062g/L [LID94]
- form unstable red-brown gas
- Water Solubility soluble H2O with ready hydrolysis, soluble carbon disulfide, ether [HAW93]
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBromine chloride (13863-41-7)
- RIDADR 2901
- HazardClass 2.3
- Hazardous Substances Data13863-41-7(Hazardous Substances Data)
Bromine chloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesA reddish-yellow mobile liquid or gas. Irritating, pungent odor.
- UsesBromine chloride (BrCl) is an irritating red, smelly liquid used to treat industrial and sewage wastes.
- General DescriptionA reddish-yellow mobile liquid with an irritating odor. Melting point -66°C. Toxic by ingestion or inhalation, and an irritant to skin, eyes and mucous membranes. Prolonged exposure of the containers to intense heat may result in their violent rupturing and rocketing. Used as an industrial disinfectant.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in water [Hawley]. Reacts with water or steam to produce hydrochloric acid.
- Reactivity ProfileBromine chloride is a strong oxidizing agent. May react vigorously with combustible materials and generate enough heat to start and support combustion. Decomposes above 50°F to produce highly toxic chlorine gas.
- Health HazardTOXIC; may be fatal if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardSubstance does not burn but will support combustion. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. These are strong oxidizers and will react vigorously or explosively with many materials including fuels. May ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Some will react violently with air, moist air and/or water. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release toxic and/or corrosive gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
- Potential ExposureUsed as an industrial disinfectant
- ShippingUN2901 Bromine chloride, Hazard Class: 2.3; Labels: 2.3—Poisonous gas, 8—Corrosive material, 5.1— Oxidizer Inhalation Hazard Zone B.
- IncompatibilitiesDangerous, unstable material. Decomposes above 10° C, releasing highly toxic chlorine gas. A strong oxidizer. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Reacts with moisture, water or steam, forming corrosive hydrochloric acid. Reacts violently with combustibles and reducing agents; reactions may produce enough heat to both start and support combustion. May be corrosive to metals.
- Waste DisposalDispose of contents and container to an approved waste disposal plant. All federal, state, and local environmental regulations must be observed.
Bromine chloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- BROMINE AZIDE Molybdenum carbide IODINE MONOBROMIDE 1-Bromo-3-chloro-5,5-dimethylhydantoin Methyl bromide Bromine pentafluoride Potassium iodide SILVER BROMIDE Bromine chloride TETRAMETHYLAMMONIUM CHLORODIBROMIDE BENZYLTRIMETHYLAMMONIUM DIBROMOCHLORATE TETRA-N-BUTYLAMMONIUM DIBROMOCHLORIDE TETRA-N-BUTYLAMMONIUM DICHLOROBROMIDE
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Hubei xin bonus chemical co. LTD
- Company Name:Henan Huawen Chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:17550685172 0370-2070108-
- Company Name:Mainchem Co., Ltd.