ETHYL N-PROPYL ETHER
ETHYL N-PROPYL ETHER Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-127.5°C
- Boiling point:62 °C
- Density 0.74
- refractive index 1.3680-1.3710
- storage temp. 0-10°C
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPropane, 1-ethoxy- (628-32-0)
ETHYL N-PROPYL ETHER Usage And Synthesis
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid with an ether-like odor. Less dense than water. Flash point below 0°F. Vapors heavier than air. Used to make other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Soluble in water. Ethers tend to form unstable peroxides when exposed to oxygen. Ethyl, isobutyl, ethyl tert-butyl, and ethyl tert-pentyl ether are particularly hazardous in this respect. Ether peroxides can sometimes be observed as clear crystals deposited on containers or along the surface of the liquid.
- Reactivity ProfileEthers, such as ETHYL N-PROPYL ETHER, can act as bases. They form salts with strong acids and addition complexes with Lewis acids. The complex between diethyl ether and boron trifluoride is an example. Ethers may react violently with strong oxidizing agents. In other reactions, which typically involve the breaking of the carbon-oxygen bond, ethers are relatively inert.
- Health HazardInhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfileA slight inhalation hazard. Very dangerous fire and explosion hazard when exposed to heat or open flame. To fight fire, use alcohol foam. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes. See also ETHERS.
ETHYL N-PROPYL ETHER Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsPretilachlor
- 2-Propylvaleric acid methyl ester Diethyl dipropylmalonate PROPYLMALONIC ACID 2-Acetyl-2-propylvaleric acid methyl ester 2,2-Dipropylmalonic acid DIETHYL DIALLYLMALONATE 1-Chloropropane Malonic acid Allyl chloride Clofibrate Ethyl 5-bromovalerate 4-Bromobutyl acetate Ethyl 2-bromovalerate Ethyl 2-bromoheptanoate Ethyl 6-bromohexanoate ETHYL HEPTAFLUOROBUTYRATE 3-(2-FLUORO-PHENYL)-3-OXO-PROPIONIC ACID ETHYL ESTER Ethyl 2,3-dibromopropionate
ETHYL N-PROPYL ETHERSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shaanxi Dideu Medichem Co. Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-