ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Vitamins and Minerals medicines > Vitamin C drugs > L-Tetrahydrofolic Acid
L-Tetrahydrofolic Acid Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:555.12°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.4216 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6800 (estimate)
- storage temp. −20°C
- form powder
- color off-white to tan
- BRN 9238187
- Stability:We have observed that this material decomposes steadily over time. Use immediately upon receipt.
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS MA0600800
- F 3-8-10
L-Tetrahydrofolic Acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesLight Tan Solid
- UsesAsa folic acid derivative and coenzyme, L-Tetrahydrofolic Acid can be involved in the metabolism of amino and nucleic acids.
- DefinitionChEBI: A derivative of folic acid in which the pteridine ring is fully reduced; it is the parent compound of a variety of coenzymes that serve as carriers of one-carbon groups in metabolic reactions.
- Purification MethodsVery high quality material is now available commercially, and it should be a white powder. It can be dried over P2O5 in a vacuum desiccator and stored in weighed aliquots in sealed ampoules. It is stable at room temperature in sealed ampoules for many months and for much more extended periods at -10o. When moist, it is extremely sensitive to air whereby it oxidises to the yellow 7,8-dihydro derivative. In solution it turns yellow in colour as it oxidises, and then particularly in the presence of acids it turns dark reddish brown in colour. Hence aqueous solutions should be frozen immediately when not in use. It is always advisable to add 2-mercaptoethanol (if it does not interfere with the procedure for which it is used) which stabilises it by depleting the solution of O2. The sulfate salt is more stable but is much less soluble. The best way to prepare standard solutions of this acid is to dissolve it in the desired buffer and estimate the concentration by UV absorption in pH 7 buffer at 297nm ( 22,000 M-1cm-1). If a sample is suspect, it is not advisable to purify it because it is likely to deteriorate further as “dry box” conditions are necessary. Either a new sample is purchased or one is freshly prepared from folic acid. It has the above pKa values. [Hafeti et al. Biochemical Preparations 7 89 1960, UV: Mathews & Huennekens J Biol Chem 235 3304 1960, Osborn & Huennekens J Biol Chem 233 969 1958, O'Dell et al. J Am Chem Soc 69 250 1947, Blakley Biochem J 6 5 331 1957, Asahi Yakugaku Zasshi (J Pharm Soc Jpn) 79 1548 1959, Beilstein 26 III/IV 3879.]
- Levomefolic Acid Folic acid 5-Formyl-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid,N5-Formyl-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid Levomefolate calcium 5,10-Dideaza-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid (6R,S)-TETRAHYDROFOLIC ACID LEUCOVORIN ACETATE (6R)-5,10-Dideaza-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid 5-deaza-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid 5-FORMYL-5,6,7,8-TETRAHYDROFOLIC ACID CALCIUM SALT,5-FORMYL-5,6,7,8-TETRAHYDROFOLIC ACID CALCIUM SALT PENTAHYDRATE N(10)-propargyl-5,8-dideaza-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrofolic acid 5-METHYLTETRAHYDROFOLIC ACID DISODIUM SALT Calcium levofolinate L-Tetrahydrofolic Acid 5-[14C]METHYL-TETRAHYDROFOLIC ACID, BARIUM SALT (6S)-LEUCOVORIN, DIAMMONIUM SALT, [3',5',7,9-3H(N)]- (6S)-CALCIUM FOLINATE 5-METHYLTETRAHYDROFOLIC ACID
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Syntechem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:Chengdu NoVi Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Email:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org