PETROLEUM ETHER Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:90-100 °C
- Density 0.77 g/mL at 20 °C
- vapor density 2.5 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 25.8 psi ( 55 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:−57 °F
- form Clear colorless to yellow liquid; petroleum distillate containing C5 to C11 hydrocarbons; a typical composition is paraffins 55.4%, naphthenes 30.3%, alkyl benzene 11.7%, dichloroparaffins 2.4%, and benzene less than 0.1%.
- Specific Gravity0.671 (20/4℃)
- Stability:Stable. Highly flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemNaphtha (8030-30-6)
PETROLEUM ETHER Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesreddish-brown mobile liquid with aromatic odour
- Chemical PropertiesNaphthas derived from both petroleum and coal tar are included in this group. Petroleum naphthas are colorless liquids. Gasoline or kerosene-like odor. A mixture of paraffins (C5-C13) that may contain a small amount of aromatic hydrocarbons, and are termed “close-cut” fractions. “Medium-range” and “wide-range” fractions are made up of 40-80% aliphatic hydrocarbons; 25-50% naphthenic hydrocarbons; 0-10% benzene, and 0-20% other aromatic hydrocarbons.
- UsesDiluent for paints, coatings, resins, printing inks, rubbers, and cements; solvent.
- UsesPharmaceutic aid (solvent).
- DefinitionA general term applied to refined, partly refined, or unrefined petroleum products and liquid products of natural gas, not less than 10% of which distill below 347F (175C) and not less than 95% of which distill below 464F (240C) when subjected to distillation in accordance with the Standard Method of Test for Distillation of Gasoline, Naphtha, Kerosene, and Similar Petroleum Products
- Production MethodsHigh flash naphtha C19 aromatic hydrocarbon components are obtained by dehydrogenating naphthenes and are primarily ethyltoluene and trimethylbenzene.
- General DescriptionA clear colorless to dark brownish colored liquid with an aromatic odor. Less volatile fraction separated from coal tar by distillation. Contains naphthalene, acenaphthene, methylnaphthalenes, fluorene, phenol, cresols, pyridine, picolines, among other substances. Flash point greater than 100 °F. Toxic by inhalation and skin absorption. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors heavier than air.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileSaturated aliphatic hydrocarbons, which are contained in NAPHTHA, may be incompatible with strong oxidizing agents like nitric acid. Charring of the hydrocarbon may occur followed by ignition of unreacted hydrocarbon and other nearby combustibles. In other settings, aliphatic saturated hydrocarbons are mostly unreactive. They are not affected by aqueous solutions of acids, alkalis, most oxidizing agents, and most reducing agents. When heated sufficiently or when ignited in the presence of air, oxygen or strong oxidizing agents, they burn exothermically to produce carbon dioxide and water. May be ignited by strong oxidizers. Incompatible with strong oxidizers .
- Hazard Flammable, dangerous fire risk, explosive limits in air 1–6%.
- Health HazardPrimarily a narcotic, causing unconsciousness in high concentrations. The symptoms of acute benzene poisoning are not likely, since the compound has components other than benzene.
- Safety ProfileA human poison via intravenous route. Experimental carcinogenic effects reported by skin contact. Human systemic effects by intravenous route: dyspnea, respiratory stimulation, and other unspecified respiratory effects. Mildly toxic by inhalation. Can cause unconsciousness, which may be followed by coma, stentorious breathing, and bluish tint to the skin. Recovery follows removal from exposure. In mild form, intoxication resembles drunkenness. On a chronic basis, no true poisoning; sometimes headache, lack of appetite, dizziness, sleeplessness, indigestion, and nausea. A common air contaminant. Flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidzing materials. Keep containers tightly closed. Slight explosion hazard. To fight fire, use foam, CO2, dry chemical.
- Potential ExposureNaphthas are used as organic solvents for dissolving or softening rubber, oils, greases, bituminous paints, varnishes, and plastics. The less flammable fractions are used in dry cleaning. The heavy naphthas are used as a vehicle for various pesticides. Coal tar naphthas are used as quick-drying paint solvent; in the manufacture of floor coverings; resin solution; varnish; VM&P naphtha is used as a solvent for lacquers and varnishes and as a rapid-dry paint thinner.
- ShippingUN1136 Coal tar distillates, flammable, Hazard Class: 3; Labels: 3-Flammable liquid.
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides.
- Waste DisposalDissolve or mix the material with a combustible solvent and burn in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. All federal, state, and local environmental regulations must be observed.
PETROLEUM ETHER Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsAcetic acid glacialPETROLEUM ETHERTolueneBenzeneUreaHydrogenXyleneFormic acidCyclohexanone1,3-BUTADIENENaphthalenePROPYLENE1-Methylpiperazin-2-one1,2-DimethylbenzeneSuccinic acidBenzofuran2-BROMO-1-(2-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)THIAZOL-5-YL)ETHANONEMETHYLISOCYANATE 1 X 500MG NEAT5-BROMOPYRIMIDINE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID2-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)THIAZOLE-5-CARBALDEHYDE3-AMINO-N,N-DIMETHYLBENZYLAMINE(5-BROMOTHIOPHEN-3-YL)METHANESULFONYL CHLORIDE4-Vinylbenzyl chlorideTERT-BUTYL 2-(N-(3-AMINOBENZYL)-N-METHYLAMINO)ACETATE5-(CHLOROMETHYL)-2-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)THIAZOLEETHYL 2-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)THIAZOLE-5-CARBOXYLATE(2-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)THIAZOL-5-YL)METHANOL4-BENZYLOXY-3-INDOLEACETONITRILE4'-BROMO-3'-FLUOROACETANILIDEBENZO[B]THIOPHEN-5-YL-5-BORONIC ACIDN-(4-(Benzyloxy)benzylidene)-4-fluoroanilineSodium N-cyclohexylsulfamate4-(1-METHYLPIPERIDIN-4-YLOXY)-3,5-DICHLOROBENZENAMINE4-(2-(DIMETHYLAMINO)ETHOXY)-3,5-DICHLOROBENZENAMINE4-(3-(DIMETHYLAMINO)PROPOXY)-3,5-DICHLOROBENZENAMINE1-(2-(4-AMINO-2,6-DICHLOROPHENOXY)ETHYL)PYRROLIDIN-2-ONEHeavy aromaticsHydrogenated gasoline2,4-Dibromothiazole
- Solvent naphtha (coal) HEXANES, MIXED ISOMERS Solvent naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy arom. ,Solvent naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy arom. Kerosine - unspecified petroleum ether, GC residue analysis PETROLEUM ETHER 40-60,PETROLEUM ETHER 60-80,PETROLEUM ETHER 80-100,PETROLEUM OIL,PETROLEUM ETHER 100-120,PETROLEUM ETHER,PETROLEUM ETHER 100-140,PETROLEUM ETHER 300,HEXANES,PETROLEUM ETHER 30-60,PETROLEUM ETHER 35/60,SOLVENT NAPHTHA,PETROLEUM ETHER 30-40 Hexanes, Low Water,Hexanes, mixture of several Isomers,HEXANES HPLC,HEXANES REAGENT (ACS),HEXANES,Hexanes, Spectrophotometric Grade Tar acids, cresylic, reaction products with coal solvent naphtha Lithium tert-butoxide, 1M solution in hexanes Pyridaben+Petroleum oil,E.C. Solvent naphtha (coal), high-temp. rubber solvent naphtha Aromatic hydrocarbon solvents: (High flash naphtha distillates: Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light aromatic),Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light arom. Chlorpyrifos+Petroleum oil,E.C.(40%) ISOHEXANES (MIXTURE OF ISOMERIC BRANCHED CHAIN HEXANES),Hexanes, ACS, 98.5+%,Hexanes, (60+% n-hexane),Hexanes, saturated C6 Hydrocarbons (85% n-hexane), HPLC grade, 99+%,Isohexane (mixture of isomeric branched chain Hexanes),hexanes, environmental grade,Hexanes,(85%n-hexane) Petroleum ether, boiling range ca. 180-280°c Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light arom., hydrotreated Low boiling point hydrogen treated naphtha,Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light arom., hydrotreated soybean extracting solvent No.6 Di-tert-B-butylphosphine, 10 WT.% solution in hexanes,Di-tert-butylphosphine, 10 wt.% solution in hexanes
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:Shanghai T&W Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86 21 61551611
- Company Name:Mei Lan Industrial (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.