ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > Chlorinated paraffin
Chlorinated paraffin Chemical Properties
- Density 1.387 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- solubility tetrahydrofuran: 0.1 g/mL, clear
- EPA Substance Registry SystemChlorinated paraffin waxes and hydrocarbon waxes (63449-39-8)
Chlorinated paraffin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionChlorinated paraffins are a class of chemicals used for a variety of applications. They can be classified according to the length of their chlorine chains, and commercial formulations may include a mix of compounds in this class. CAS 106232-86-4 is considered a Long Chain Chlorinated Paraffin (LCCP), with 24 chlorine atoms. The long form is less environmentally sensitive than short-length varieties.
Chlorinated paraffin is largely inert, almost insoluble in water, and flame retardant. It can function as a plasticizing additive to for metal lubricants and cutting fluids, plastics, rubber, paint, adhesives, and more. Most of the world’s chlorinated paraffin is produced in China.
- DefinitionThe state of matter in which the particles of a substance are loosely bound by intermolecular forces. The weakness of these forces permits movement of the particles and consequently liquids can change their shape within a fixed volume. The liquid state lacks the order of the solid state. Thus, amorphous materials, such as glass, in which the particles are disordered and can move relative to each other, can be classed as liquids.
- Definitionliquid: A phase of matter between that of a crystalline solid and a gas.In a liquid, the large-scale threedimensional atomic (or ionic or molecular)regularity of the solid is absentbut, on the other hand, so is thetotal disorganization of the gas. Althoughliquids have been studied formany years there is still no comprehensivetheory of the liquid state. It is clear, however, from diffraction studies that there is a short-range structural regularity extending over several molecular diameters. These bundles of ordered atoms, molecules,or ions move about in relation toeach other, enabling liquids to havealmost fixed volumes, which adoptthe shape of their containers.
- Agricultural UsesLiquid is an amorphous (non-crystalline) form of matter
intermediate between gases and solids in which the molecules are much more highly concentrated than in
solids. Liquids take the shape of their containers but have
fixed volume at a particular temperature and are
Liquid molecules are free to move within the limits set by intermolecular attractive forces. At the aidliquid interface the vibration of the molecules causes some of them to be ejected from the liquid at a rate depending on the surface tension. The tendency of molecules to escape from a liquid surface is called fugacity and is largely responsible for evaporation. When the air space is restricted, the escaping molecules eventually saturate the air and thus the number of molecules leaving the liquid is equal to those returning to it as a result of molecular attraction. In these circumstances, the liquid/air system is said to be in equilibrium.
Liquids vary greatly in viscosity, boiling point, vapor pressure and surface tension. Mercury has a specific gravity of 13.6 and the highest surface tension of all liquids. Glass has the highest viscosity. Polar liquids are those where molecules have opposite electrical charges on their terminal atoms or groups, which impart a force called dipolemoment. Water is a polar liquid with high dielectric constant. Pure hydrocarbon liquids are generally non-polar.
- Safety ProfileSuspected carcinogen. A skin and eye irritant. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of Cl
Chlorinated paraffin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsMineral oil
- CHLOROPARAFFIN C10 60.09% CL chlorinated paraffin wax modified chlorinated rubber anti-corrosion coating Chlorowax heat stabilizer,high efficiency complex C21-38 alkanes, chlorinated-, (chlorinated paraffin) CHLOROPARAFFIN C13 CHLOROPARAFFIN C13 55.03% CL CHLOROPARAFFIN C10 55.00% CL CHLOROPARAFFIN C22 CHLOROPARAFFIN C14-C17 72%CL CHLOROPARAFFIN C13 50.23% CL CHLOROPARAFFIN C10-MIX 1 C6-18 alkanes, chlorinated-, (chlorinated paraffin) Chlorinated paraffin (C14-17),C14-17 alkanes, chlorinated-, chlorinated paraffin 52, 58% Chlorinated paraffin Petrolatum Paraffin wax Alkanes C6-C19 Kit chlorinated paraffin (c10-13),C10-13 alkanes, chlorinated-, (chlorinated paraffin)
Chlorinated paraffin SupplierMore
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Connect Chemicals GmbH
- Tel:+49 2102 2077 19
- Company Name:Chengdu Ai Keda Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:4008-755-333 028-85911938-