ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > fatty acid > 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid
1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:193-197 °C
- Boiling point:296.47°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.5040 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5800 (estimate)
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility 118g/l
- pkapK1: 3.43;pK2: 4.58;pK3: 5.85;pK4: 7.16 (25°C)
- form Crystalline Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility >=10 g/100 mL at 19 ºC
- BRN 1729167
- CAS DataBase Reference1703-58-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid (1703-58-8)
1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder
- UsesAlkyd resins, epoxy curing agent, sequestrant.
- General DescriptionLeaflets (from water) or white powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid is a carboxylic acid. Carboxylic acids donate hydrogen ions if a base is present to accept them. They react in this way with all bases, both organic (for example, the amines) and inorganic. Their reactions with bases, called "neutralizations", are accompanied by the evolution of substantial amounts of heat. Neutralization between an acid and a base produces water plus a salt. Carboxylic acids with six or fewer carbon atoms are freely or moderately soluble in water; those with more than six carbons are slightly soluble in water. Soluble carboxylic acid dissociate to an extent in water to yield hydrogen ions. The pH of solutions of carboxylic acids is therefore less than 7.0. Many insoluble carboxylic acids react rapidly with aqueous solutions containing a chemical base and dissolve as the neutralization generates a soluble salt. Carboxylic acids in aqueous solution and liquid or molten carboxylic acids can react with active metals to form gaseous hydrogen and a metal salt. Such reactions occur in principle for solid carboxylic acids as well, but are slow if the solid acid remains dry. Even "insoluble" carboxylic acids may absorb enough water from the air and dissolve sufficiently in 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid to corrode or dissolve iron, steel, and aluminum parts and containers. Carboxylic acids, like other acids, react with cyanide salts to generate gaseous hydrogen cyanide. The reaction is slower for dry, solid carboxylic acids. Insoluble carboxylic acids react with solutions of cyanides to cause the release of gaseous hydrogen cyanide. Flammable and/or toxic gases and heat are generated by the reaction of carboxylic acids with diazo compounds, dithiocarbamates, isocyanates, mercaptans, nitrides, and sulfides. Carboxylic acids, especially in aqueous solution, also react with sulfites, nitrites, thiosulfates (to give H2S and SO3), dithionites (SO2), to generate flammable and/or toxic gases and heat. Their reaction with carbonates and bicarbonates generates a harmless gas (carbon dioxide) but still heat. Like other organic compounds, carboxylic acids can be oxidized by strong oxidizing agents and reduced by strong reducing agents. These reactions generate heat. A wide variety of products is possible. Like other acids, carboxylic acids may initiate polymerization reactions; like other acids, they often catalyze (increase the rate of) chemical reactions
- Health HazardACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: When heated to decomposition 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid are not available; however, 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid is probably combustible.
1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1-Chlorobutane 1-Bromo-2-methylpropane 1-Bromobutane 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid dianhydride 1-Chloro-2-methylpropane n-Butane TETRAHYDROFURAN-2,3,4,5-TETRACARBOXYLIC ACID LABOTEST-BB LT00453217 AKOS 92671 1,2,3,4-CYCLOPENTANETETRACARBOXYLIC ACID SALOR-INT L165530-1EA SALOR-INT L165522-1EA SALOR-INT L161276-1EA (2R,3S)-1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic acid,MESO-1,2,3,4-BUTANETETRACARBOXYLIC ACID SALOR-INT L161233-1EA 1,2,3,4,5,6-Cyclohexanehexacarboxylic acid 1,2,3,4-CYCLOBUTANETETRACARBOXYLIC ACID ISOBUTANE
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:18981987031 400-1196-196
- Company Name:Suzhou LaiYue Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel: 15161566723 18100692465 qq:1029125529 email@example.com
- Company Name:Shanghai LanRun Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13701998368 021-69515658-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar