ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > Plastic rubber chemicals > Plasticizers > Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate
Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-64°C
- Boiling point:315°C
- Density 1.512
- refractive index n20/D 1.503
- Flash point:249°C
- form solid
- Specific Gravity1.518 (20/4℃)
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 24 ºC
- Decomposition 240-280 ºC
- Merck 14,9087
- Stability:Stable. Reacts slowly with aqueous acids and alkalies. May soften plastics.
- CAS DataBase Reference13674-87-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceTris(1,3-dichloroisopropyl)phosphate(13674-87-8)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate (13674-87-8)
- Hazard Codes Xn,N
- Risk Statements 20/21/22-36/37/38-51/53-38-20-40
- Safety Statements 26-36/37/39-61-36/37
- RIDADR UN 3082 9/PG 3
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS UB1473000
- HazardClass 9
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29199000
- Hazardous Substances Data13674-87-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in rats: 1.85 g/kg (Piotrowski)
- Language:EnglishProvider:Fyrol FR 2
Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesTris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate is a clear colorless viscous liquid with a relatively low molecular weight, low water solubility, and low lipophilicity (as indicated by log Kow).
- UsesTris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate is a flame retardant present in polyurethane foams.
- UsesTris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate [TDCPP] is a halogenated phosphorus flame retardant used in a variety of sectors, including manufacturing of paints/coatings, furniture and related products, building/construction materials, fabrics/textiles/leather products, and foam seating and bedding products (EPA, 2012).
It is used extensively as an additive to flexible polyurethane foams (PUFs). Its end uses include molded automotive seating foam (e.g., seat cushions and headrests), slabstock foam in furniture, automotive fabric lining, and car roofing (ECHA, 2013). It is a high production volume chemical.
- General DescriptionClear colorless viscous liquid. Generally a super-cooled liquid at room temperature but may occasionally solidify when held at low temperatures for prolonged periods.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileFyrol FR 2 hydrolyzes slowly when refluxed with an aqueous acid. Under alkaline conditions, Fyrol FR 2 exhibits a slow cleavage. Fyrol FR 2 has plasticizing properties and, as such, may soften or deteriorate certain plastics and elastomers (particularly vinyl-based resin, neoprene and natural rubbers).
- Fire HazardFyrol FR 2 is combustible.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental carcinogenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Cland POx.
- Environmental FateA series of studies have been performed to evaluate the environmental fate and bioaccumulation potential of Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl)phosphate (TDCPP).EU concluded that TDCPP is expected to be persistent in water, sediment, sewage sludge, and soil. When emitted to the environment, the EU concluded that TDCPP will likely adsorb to particulate matter, based on its low volatility and relatively high adsorption coefficient. The Henry’s law constant suggests that TDCPP will preferentially partition to water, rather than air. When assessing TDCPP's potential for persistence or bioaccumulation, the EU determined that TDCPP can potentially be persistent or very persistent and that it does not meet the criteria for bioaccumulative or very bioaccumulative compounds.
- Tris(1,3-dichloropropyl) phosphate Ethyl thiooxamate Diphenyl isopropylphenyl phosphate Trimethyl phosphonoacetate Phosphoric acid tris(2-chloro-1-methylethyl) ester Tris(2-chloroethyl) phosphate Triethyl phosphate Trisodium phosphate TRIS-(1,3-DICHLORO-2-PROPYL)PHOSPHATE, [1-3-14C]- 1,3-DICHLORO-2-PROPANOL Diisopropyl phosphite BIS(2-CHLOROETHYL)PHOSPHITE TRIISOPROPYL PHOSPHATE Triisopropyl phosphite TRIS(2-CHLOROETHYL) PHOSPHITE FYROL FR-2 [PROPYL-2-14C] TCPP FLAME RETARDANT FYROL FR-2, TRIS (1,3-I DICHLORO-2-PROPYL-14C
- Company Name:ZhangJiaGang YaRui Chemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18921980669 0512-58961066-
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390