ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrocarbons and derivatives > Acyclic hydrocarbons > Triallylamine
Triallylamine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-70°C
- Boiling point:150-151 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.79 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 4.73 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 90 mm Hg ( 80 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:87 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- pkapK1:8.31(+1) (25°C)
- Water Solubility 250 g/100 mL
- Stability:Stable. Flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference102-70-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Propen-1-amine, N,N-di-2-propenyl-(102-70-5)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTriallylamine (102-70-5)
Triallylamine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesdark brown liquid
- Chemical PropertiesTriallylamine is a flammble liquid. Triallylamine can be detected at 0.5 ppm and is severely irritating at 75 ppm.
- Production MethodsTriallylamine is manufactured using allyl chloride and ammonia under heat and pressure. It is used as a solvent and in organic syntheses.
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid with a fishlike odor. Density 0.800 g / cm3 and insoluble in water. Hence floats on water. Flash point 103°F. Vapors heavier than air. May irritate skin and eyes. Used to make other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsFlammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileTriallylamine is a strong reducing agent that reacts violently with oxidizing agents. Corrosive towards Al and Zn [Handling Chemicals Safely 1980 p. 912] . Neutralizes acids in exothermic reactions to form salts plus water. May be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen may be generated in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or ingested/swallowed. Contact with substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardFlammable/combustible material. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfilePoison by skin contact and intraperitoneal routes. Moderately toxic by ingestion and inhalation. An eye and severe skin irritant. Human systemic effects by inhalation: structural or functional changes in trachea or bronchi. Flammable liquid when exposed to heat, flame or oxidlzers. To fight fire, use foam, alcohol foam, fog. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx. See also AMINES and ALLYL COMPOUNDS.
- 5-CCA ATT ACC AGA CAC TAA TGC-3 METHYL TRIACETONEAMINO ALCOHOL (METHYL-TAA-OL) TAA METHYL-TAA-OL,N-Methyl Triacetonamino Alcohol Methyl-TAA-ol 5' ATT AAC CCT CAC TAA AGG GA 3' 1H-TETRAZOLYL-1-ACETIC ACID /TAA,TAA 1H-tetrazole-1-acetic acid TAA TAA SODIUM SALT FUNCTIONALIZED SILICA GEL TAA N,N-DIALLYLMETHACRYLAMIDE DIALLYL-2-CHLOROALLYLAMINE 1,4-BIS(TRIALLYLAMMONIUM)-2-BUTENE DIBROMIDE (Z)-3-PHENYLSELENYL-HEX-2-ENOIC ACID DIALLYLAMIDE 1,4-BIS(DIALLYLAMINO)-2-BUTENE Tributylmethylammonium bromide TRIS(2-METHYLALLYL)AMINE, 99 Triallylamine N,N-DIALLYLACRYLAMIDE
- Company Name:Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13963081316 0543-8179828-
- Company Name:Wuhan yuqing jiaheng pharmaceutical co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar